Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The clock on my 1800 keeps gaining 3 hours.

Two days in a row I have got on my bike and the time has been about 3 hours ahead. Both times I went wow, were is has the day gone, but soon realized it was wrong.

Is there any way for someone to change the clock without the key? Maybe Lightning? Arizona heat stroke? Really weird!:?:?:?:?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Not sure what is up with yours, but the clock on my 1200 gained 30 minutes today on me, luckily the gps had the right time....... thought I had missed an appointment already and almost didn't go.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

My clock is pretty well on Clpete. I set it when I bought the bike and have not had to touch it since. I can't imagine why a digital clock would jump ahead three hours. Or, is it somehow not getting power with the key off and loosing 9 hours?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I had just recently had the battery out of mine and had set the clock to the gps so I know mine had the right time. I do leave my key in mine while its in my garage so I wonder if one of my kids messed with mine........

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Well, tonight the first time in a couple weeks that I have been out after dark. I pulled on the hand brake and lights dimed and the radio went silent.

It's most likley due for new battery, got a loose cable or a short. ???

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm could be. I was riding mine today when the clock showed two minutes off again. I just happened to try the knob and it moved it up for me while I was going down the road. I thought it was only supposed to do that with the key in the accessories position.......

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

You used that 5th gear, didnt you? :D Time travel is attainable on these machines. Sorry, couldnt resist

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

da_bull wrote:
You used that 5th gear, didnt you? :D Time travel is attainable on these machines. Sorry, couldnt resist
I think that must be it. Ever since a came to Arizona, two weeks ago, I have had a hard time with time and space reality.

On another subject,I found a loose battery terminal connection and tightened it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.