Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
And to add more to the scheme of things, that setup makes for a "Wasted Spark" scheme for the cylinder that is not coming up on compression.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ok so the right coil is fine, I just swapped the blue/yellow to yellow and the coil fired, do the problem must be the black/white wire. How/where is that supposed to go, because, in the picture below is how they are, what's stopping the 1/2 coil from firing if both blk/white wires loop to the same wire if the blue/yellow and yellow are matched up properly?

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Cleaned caps, all coils firing. Still don't start, not even on ether, with reasonable direction clockwise and counter clockwise or turning the breaker plate. Either backfires a lil attempting to start or just cranks over. What now?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Look at the color of the wires going in and out. They should match.

Awesome Dave0430

This thing might run yet. :)

David

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The condenser is wired this way from the shop, this isn't something I've messed with since I got it back. Flip that yellow and blue around and it'll stop backfiring when attempting to start and actually run?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
The condenser is wired this way from the shop, this isn't something I've messed with since I got it back. Flip that yellow and blue around and it'll stop backfiring when attempting to start and actually run?
Don't worry about the wires from the condenser, they don't matter. It is the ones to the points that are wrong.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Like yellow and blue from the points?
What about that blue with a yellow tag on it? Is that supposed to be on that wire where my thumb is?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Can you do a thing where you circle which wires go where?
No I can't. Simply unplug the 2 wires with the woven insulation and switch places with them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yeeeeeeahhhhh boiiiiiii
Alright, now for the idle air adjustment screws, how many turns out from seated?

Ps, it started and you guys rock

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Yeeeeeeahhhhh boiiiiiii
Alright, now for the idle air adjustment screws, how many turns out from seated?

Ps, it started and you guys rock
Finally. 2 turns out.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts