with it you didn't have to remove the rad
anyone seen this?
thanks
mike

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
imported post

I think I have seen that, Motionpro I think.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Ebay, HERE ya go

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

My experience is that you will still have to move the radiator to get the inside right (1/3 side) bolt out regardless... not enough room to get it completely unthreaded

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

it easier to take rad off when changing belts... Just my 2 cents. Plus you wont damage rad trying to work around it.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

it easier to take rad off when changing belts... Just my 2 cents. Plus you wont damage rad trying to work around it.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
My experience is that you will still have to move the radiator to get the inside right (1/3 side) bolt out regardless... not enough room to get it completely unthreaded
Thats exactly what I ran into also.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Take the rad off. boy it is a hell of a lot easier working on it, marking the crank and checking everything. You will find you will spend more time trying to take the short cut.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

goldwing timing belt tool on ebay 18.00 for gl1000,gl1100 and another style for 1200 I have one works

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

replaced my belts last week and was able to the cove off and belts on but have not have time to finish so the covers are still off so can't say how easy re-asmble will be

l

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

assm not bad Think you,ll live ;)

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

mframe_80 wrote:
thanks all i guess i will have to do it the long way
It will turn out to be faster really. The tool for the bolts just slows everything up and makes the process more awkward.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

+1 on removing radiator. That being said plan on also removing false gas tank as this will be necessary for detaching and re-attaching smaller recovery tank hose and for refilling/burping air from radiator. Also right away inspect radiator cap and verify that it re-installs properly. I removed mine and didn't notice cap was bad until bike was all together and had to wait for new cap to arrive. I alo tied a wire around the filler neck before pulling radiator and then used the wire to pull/guide the radiatot fill neck back through all the wires etc to it's original spot.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I take the radiator out when I change belts. I also replace the radiator hoses and thermostat while I'm in there. The parts (belts, hoses, therm and even the rad cap) are all available as aftermarket parts. No need to pay Mother Honda's prices for these.

If interested, look in the tips section for a thread on aftermarket parts numbers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.