Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new timing belt for a 1982 GL 1100 Aspencade other than from Honda? Honda wants big bucks as anyone who bought one from Honda knows. You guys helped me on my 1984 GL1200 timing belt with huge savings. Nezzy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nezzy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new timing belt for a 1982 GL 1100 Aspencade other than from Honda? Honda wants big bucks as anyone who bought one from Honda knows. You guys helped me on my 1984 GL1200 timing belt with huge savings. Nezzy
NAPA 250274 at your nearest NAPA parts store. That is if you are in the USA, it would help if you'd fill in your location in your profile.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the great info guys. This will certainly save me some money.:D

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Those Napa belts are great and they're made by "Gates" !:clapper:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Here's the info copied straight off that page;

GL1100 & GL1000 Timing Belts. If you don't fancy the idea of forking out €90 for a pair of Honda timing belts for your GL1100 or GL1000 Goldwing, then fret no more. Gates do a match for this belt (two in fact), just drop into your local car motor factor and ask for two Gates 5119 or two Gates T274 timing belts. They are about €15 each. Other manufactures supplying their equivalent belt are Moprod with the MTB71, Quinton Hazell's QTB184, NAPA 250274 and Goodyears G1076. Note; Gates 5119 timing belts are only available in Europe, thanks to Richard Jones of the U.S for informing me of this.[/b]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.