Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I`m in the middle of the auto alternator install and the right side belt has slipped..2 notches.I figure while I have it here I`m replacing them both,so any idea where to get help lining up the marks for crankshaft and cams? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

there is a bolt in the middle of the sprocket that can be turned (easier if the sprk plugs are out) to line them up. Make sure the engine is also top dead center. this is through a hole behind where the orginal alternator is.

BEFORE turning on the engine but after the install, turn the motor over by hand to make sure you really were at top dead center.... if you hear noises, you probably weren't, but it will save you an engine valve job.

do you have a clymer or haynes manual? what year wing?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I dont have a manual of either..and tried to get one but they have to order it..Its an 85 Aspencade.

Each of the "Cam" sprockets has the word "up" on one of its posts..TDC is found how exactly? Thanks again for the info.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

there is a port screw cover on the left side of the engine that will show you a tdc marking. on the left back of the engine is a bolt cover which will allow you to acess a bolt on the alternator which will allow you to turn the engine (easier with the plugs out), Just remember that it takes TWO rotations of the engine to actually have top dead center (I suppose one revolution is bottom dead center). If the original belts are still on, then tope dead center should have BOTH belts lined up.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

zonk3939 wrote:
I`m in the middle of the auto alternator install and the right side belt has slipped..2 notches.I figure while I have it here I`m replacing them both,so any idea where to get help lining up the marks for crankshaft and cams? Thanks in advance.
Zonk, give me an E-Mail at [email protected]

I will then send you a copy of the 4 pages from the Honda service manual that apply to the timing belt inspect & install procedure.

Twisty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.