Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Good morning gang. Just wanted to give you guys an update on this. After I posted my reply on Sat. morning when the noise had subsided noticably, I added a few ounces of MMO to the crankcase and some in the gas tank as well. I started the bike and the noise was almost completely gone. I let it idle and come up to temperature and it is now as smooth as silk. It is still on the bike lift as there were several other maintenance issues I wanted to address while it is on the lift so I haven't ridden it yet but I have started it several times cold and let it come up to temperature. I think it runs better now than it ever has since I've owned it. I talked to the head service guy at the stealer and he is convinced that a lifter dropped and had to be pumped back up. Oh well, I guess the first ride will be the "proof of the puddin" huh? Oh I did have my brother in law, who is an excellent mechanic, look at my timing alignments and he said they were perfect. He also concured on the possibility of a dropped lifter. Thanks again for all of the helpful input and suggestions.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.