Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any matching part #’s for timing belts . Would like Gates if at all possible. Not ready to pay the Honda name price . I’m sure there’s something cheaper and just as good as OEM Honda belts.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Timing Belts

I installed these on my GL1500. They are made in Japan.....! FREE shipping on these belts.

Don't know if Rock Auto has FREE shipping. Its important to consider shipping when doing price comparisons for the best deals...!

·
Administrator
24,356 Posts
Don't know if Rock Auto has FREE shipping. Its important to consider shipping when doing price comparisons for the best deals...!

]
Rockauto will probably ship them from 2 different warehouses and charge shipping on both. That's one complaint I have with them, no matter what I order if it's multiple parts they ALWAYS come from at least 2 different places.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Rockauto will probably ship them from 2 different warehouses and charge shipping on both. That's one complaint I have with them, no matter what I order if it's multiple parts they ALWAYS come from at least 2 different places.
I know what you mean. I don't think Rockauto stocks anything. When you order they order from the appropriate warehouse. I doubt that would be the case for 2 identical belts though???? They are available lots of places for $17 and pick them up at Walmart, etc. No shipping if you pick them up at the store. I'm cheap and hate to pay shipping. Plus they overcharge for shipping sometimes. If I had to pay twice that would make me mad. It is just the principle. Why would a customer pay more just because they don't have it in stock. That is on the store!:frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
The last ones I got, I bought from Amazon also. They are the Gates brand T275 for my GL1500. They are free shipping if you have the Amazon Prime. I checked on the Walmart site and they have the Gates T275 belt listed for at the exact same price as Amazon (17.32 each). You can order them for pickup at the store with no shipping charge.

·
Administrator
24,356 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
The TX070 is not equivalent to the T275.
While the length and pitch are the same, the width is slightly different.
That wouldn't be a show stopper, but the tooth profile on the T275 are curved teeth while the TX070 has trapezoidal teeth. Ok in a pinch, but will wear out faster, since they don't really fit the teeth on the pulleys.

Go Parts does have the correct belt, but not at that price.

https://www.go-parts.com/ps-mmp.php?make=Honda&model=GL1500 Gold Wing&parttype=Engine Timing Belt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually ordered the belts on Amazon. And I had a 18 dollar gift card so I got both belts for less then the cost of one .
Thanks for the tip on the correct belt.

·
Administrator
24,356 Posts
I'm so confused...I don't see a GL15 in that trio. :?

Well, anyway, the number I supplied, (070) is for the 1200 belts because that's what is listed in your profile.
1500 in the title, 1200 in the profile, 1800 in the avatar. Who's, to know. :wink2:
The title of the thread says 1500 so I would go with that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts