Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone I just put a new thermostat on my Goldwing LTD and it was a big job to get it all apart. I still need to put it back togather, but I was wondering if I should change the timing beltswhile it is mostly apart? It has a little over 19,000 miles on it. thanks :?

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

Definitely change them unless you know they have been changed in the last few years. Time is as bad or worse on them than miles especially if it sat a lot which it must have with so few miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

close to $15 at napa, but wait until next week so you dont take thier last stock. I need some too.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Just belts

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

definatley change the belts, 19,000 miles means nothing if the belts are 24 yrs old

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Beside all the above mentioned reasons you have already done the hard work, changing the belst now is easy and cheap insurance , just do it!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for all the helpful info guys. I just pulled off the timing belt coversand the belts appear to be the original onesI can still see the Honda logo on them so I ordered 2 Dayco belts from Advanced Auto Parts that should be hear tomorrow. I'm not to familiar with Dayco belts but I figured it was a good brand. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well I'm back and just wanting to thank everone for the helpful advice. I finally got my new timing belts installed and thermostat, antifreeze, fuel filter, air filter.oil filter and oil changed. I don't have all my plastic put on yet but, the bike fires up and sounds great can't wait to test ride it. thanks again:clapper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.