Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

If you are a fairly good wrencher... Belts are a long saturday morning experience... the hardest part is getting the new belts... or more properly the tooth position  on the new belts  lined up Exactly right  The engine tends to try to move one belt  by a notch  as you install/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif ... You can save several $$$ by using NAPA , or Gates  equivalent belts./forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif... and to help  LeoLarry relax , just a bit...  when I changed my belts last fall.. I had a similar experience to most other 1200 owners  I have talked to ... the belts were  "old" looking ,  and a bit gungy ... but doing just fine/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif....  and mine looked as if they could go another 40 000... but its for piece of mind./forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif.. The 1200 engine is an interference engine ... which means, if a belt goes... a piston and a Valve WILL try to occupy the same space... at the same time./forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif.. OUCH !!! SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.