Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is probably a dumb question butI have to ask.I received my new timing belts from NAPA and they are from different manufacturers. One is made in the US and the other in the UK. They both say the same part number and look the same. I don't care where they are made, but wouldn't it be kind of like putting two different tires on the front of your car? Wont they weara little differently or one might stretch more than the other? Maybe I'm putting to much into this thought???

Attachments

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Man, I don't think I'd trust anything from the UK. :shock: :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Gates has plant's around the world. Unless NAPA has changed sources, they are probably both Gates belts.

I wouldn't worry about it.

But keep an eye on that UK one. :cooldevil: Also I didn't know the US made anything anymore. Might be old stock. :baffled:

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

One of them will have a strange accent, depends where you're from which one that is.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

You guys are too funny. Just about shot coffee out the nose. I didn't think it would be a problem, but I was going to keep an eye on that UK guy...:D:cooldevil:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Make sure that UK one is on the left. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

You have to watch out for the UK belts. They tend to spin the other way.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: That was a rough hit.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

have you guys noticed that the u.k belts have bigger writing on them, thats so'syou guys in the u.s. can read them easier :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

******* wrote:
have you guys noticed that the u.k belts have bigger writing on them, thats so'syou guys in the u.s. can read them easier :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Yes. As a warning. :dude:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Regardless, they are both on now. We'll see which one takes me out first...:gunhead:;)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

I love this place

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:Nightrider1 wrote:
muaymendez1 wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: That was a rough hit.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Good Luck. It would be nice is Honda made "Clear" Belt covers. Just my 2 cents.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

lets take that a step further. Why cant a hole be cut out and reinsert plexi glass as a sight window.inspection would be a breeze

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Ah! But you still might not know there age... My old belts "looked" good. But you guys taught me that it's better safe than sorry. Or as someone said, "Cheap insurance"...

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I make it a point to write the dates that the belts were changed into the covers .
I also make my own oil change stickers as a reminder

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

The UK one is metric, the US one is not, So put the metric on the left side. (Just jokingK I just completed the same job no worries, runs fine.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Technically, when you consider that one spins clockwise and the other counterclockwise, you actually need one from either the US or UK while the other should be from south of the equator.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Is that abbreviated SCOTN?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.