Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well just order 2 new timing belts from NAPA ( $33.88 each) plus a timing trigger. And the Compu-fire alternator. Boy do I have my work cut out for me. All I need now is the weather to change so I can get started. :(

Hickey

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Do you need the weather to get worse so you can stop riding long enough to do it or better because you have to work outside?

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Do you need the weather to get worse so you can stop riding long enough to do it or better because you have to work outside?
I know I resemble that remark. I hate working on my bike in good weather because I have to stop riding to do it. :D

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I know I resemble that remark. I hate working on my bike in good weather because I have to stop riding to do it. :D
Thats been my problem this winter about every week there was at least one day good enough to ride :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

I put timing belts on my 1500 last week...on a scale of one to ten, with ten being very technical/difficult...it's about a 4....the alternator about a 1.5...the belts took me 1 1/2hrs and an alternator...30 min maybe....I rotated the engine to TDC...(compression) and generously marked the three pulleys and the adjoining marks on the cases very legibly....made checking and couble checking quick and accurate before hand rotating a couple of times checking for interference and then rechecking that the marks realigned...

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

No, I have a small shed ( 8x8 ) to work in. Not much room to work in. So I have to wait till the weather gets better.

Hickey

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

$33.88 each! Man..... did they bone ya? I just got NAPA belts for my 1200 today (#250070).......... $10.80 each. Maybe the 1500's are different...... I guess I'll stick with my 1200 a couple years yet.

My bad......... I just did a online search they showed $31.48 ea for the 1500 belts....# 250275.

WOW! :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

the 1100 and 1500 belts are pretty expensive in comparrison to the 1200 belts which are about $13 at napa. They also only ever carry one of these belts that fit corrolas and tercels. they dont really think that there would be 2 people wanting to change thier timing belts in those cars.

at least that was the explanation at the napa i went to.
When I went in to pick up the belts I asked if they wanted to see the reciept , they said " nah, your the only guy buying that crap"... As Long as I keep buying it they keep stocking one.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

$16.14 each from Rock Auto.Gates T274. I just got a set in for my 1100. Just waiting for a nice day to put them on. JR

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hey, what can I say. I guess that's what they are going for in Pa. I checked 4 different Auto parts and Napa was the only one that had them.

Hickey :?

P.s. better than mother Honda ( I guess )

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

hi just got two timing belts on ebay they are made by gates same number as honda at £49 for two, better then £63 each at honda dealer sixfore 123

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

I got my belts from ebay for 50 bux for the set. They are Gates. I got her all torn down and found that the tension pullers are a bit loose for my taste. I had to order them from Honda, the local Honda shop did not have them in stock. Changing plugs, coolant, oil and filter while I am at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.