Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am replacing the timing belts and am a little confused as to where the crank needs to be positioned. On the attached pic, do the timing marks on the block (orange) need to align with the green or yellow labeled marks?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Octane on Naked Goldwings has the best explanation on how to put the belts on correctly especially when it comes to adjusting the left side (You facing front of bike). Great tuitorial. Please read.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I downloaded his tutorial, found it very easy to follow, excellent write-up, but due to the angle that the pic was taken, was a little unclear to me. So rather than risk doing it wrong, figured a quick question/answer was needed.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

If that's the T1 mark , then it looks like it's right on now. Slash on block with slash through T. But still go to the forum on timing belt change because you will have more ?s I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Many thanks for the quick replies ! :) I'm glad I asked.. had it aligned with the top of the T.. I'll be foolin with it tonite...

Paulie

·
Administrator
26,332 Posts
imported post

It's really not all that critical, a degree or 2 doesn't matter. Remember the cam pulley only moves 1/2 what the crankshaft does. The timing mark would have to be completely out of the window to get the belts 1 tooth off.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Craig Gulley wrote:
Octane on Naked Goldwings has the best explanation on how to put the belts on correctly especially when it comes to adjusting the left side (You facing front of bike). Great tuitorial. Please read.
Is Naked Goldwings another forum? I would like to have this information on file.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Craig Gulley wrote:
That is the same as the one posted here in the Reference forum http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/17422.html

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Thanks guys! Very useful info!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.