Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have ahandmade timing sight cap for sale if you wish one...I have used mine now for a several checks of my timing, they are great...Please send a PM if you want one..They are $10.00 each shipping included...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

pm sent.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

These Timing Sight Caps are not designed to stay in the engine permanently...Do not use them for that purpose...They are great to check your timing....

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you Zeke66, I am making a temperary Cap for the oil and timing cover's, this would be for those that have leaky or missing caps and can't find one anywhere...As a temperary solution of course. I would fasten the lense at the top of the pipe opening instead of at the bottom for the sight cap, I'm sure it would work fine..

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

nice skill set there.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks John, here's another look at them, it's a 3/4" pvc adapter, 1/4" lexan lense, I use all purpose cement like for pvc pipe, that sucker is set.... In this photo the lense is not setin yet...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I won't be selling these caps anymore, sorry about that guy's...but if you wish to make your own I can instruct you how to do so...but you will need to buy a 25mm die, and a 15/16" holesaw...To do so..

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

If anyone decide's that they wish to make one of these and get all nervous that the lense may fall into their engine due to the heat of the oil,[has never happened to me] but, remember there is a lense that's 1/4" thick in there that I use.....If you are still nervous, or concerned about it, get one of those bake- in-a-bag packages at the store, you know like for pot roast, cut a square large enough to go over the front of thecap and up the sides, pull off the o-ring, slide the plastic over the threads and place the o-ring back on, these bags can handle the heat of the oil with no problem, and it's clear too so you tell me where's the lense going.? ha ha, pull it tight, it should still screw down fine...:applause:solution for the nervous ha ha....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.