Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

please help. does anyone know if ect timing mod for valkerie will work the same on gl1500.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i know you can change trigger wheel. thought is ect mod. would work on gl1500 that would be much easy to do.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

will that modification work on gl1500 also.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

A couple of things to consider, the Valk uses different cam profiles and six carbs. I don't believe that using the Valk's ECM would work properly on the GL1500. The timing mods for the Valk are designed for the Valk's cams and carb setup, which is a lot different from the Wing's. Also, on the Valk, you have differnt heads, different exhaust, different rear gearing, (although I think the transmission is the same). Too many little differences make a big difference on how a engine in a particular application performs.I doubt that mods that would allow a Valk's 1500 engine to perform better would have the same results on the Wing's 1500 engine, unless they were designed for the Wing.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

But, one thing to consider it the trigger.

Many attempt to change the timing wheel 4 vs 6 degree. They say to stay away from the 6 degree trigger for a Goldwing. Both wheels would just be an attempt to change timing.

I assume the mod using a ECT would be not to change the timing wheel. Manual and variable control. The question would be does the Goldwing ECM have the input for a ECT anddoes it work similar to a Valk.

Many folks us the trigger wheel for a hesitation problem for the Goldwing which I believe is carburation related, IMO. I do not know if the wheels are used for performance (power). Do the Valk guys use the triggers for the same reason?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

I have a96 gl1500 se I wasn`t concerned with hessitation it was fuel economy so I did a 4 degree trigger wheel & extractor kit with no mpg increase all I got was better take-off ! I also have the k&n air filter !Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.