Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 83 1100 and was putting new belts on the new motor that i installed, the crank turned on me,and smacked all the intacke valves.Did not triple check.I was luckey enough to bend the valves where the stem meets the face,I pulled the valves out of the old motor and replaced into the new motor.I am holding pressure and compression with the camms out 90psi a little blow by but no leaking air from the intake or exhaust. I lined the crank to the T1 mark as indicated in my manual,and the cams to the index mark on the backing plates,the 3 dots on the crank pully do not point up like i have seen on others but i still should be lined up acording to my manual i fired up the bike and seem to run good but there is a very loud tick coming from the engine I can not figure this out,please if anyone knows what i missed or what is wrong I would thank you greatly.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Could it be an exhaust header leak? They can sometimes make noises that sound like something else. Have you rechecked your tappet (valve)clearances? Should be inlet .004thou and exhaust .005 thou with the engine stone cold.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Since the marks didn't put up like their supposed to then all you need do is turn the crank over another 180 degrees to the T1 mark again and they should line up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.