Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://photos.yahoo.com/tpwood2000

OK You all ask for it! It ain't much but here are the pics of my 87 GL1200. I called it "Grand Tourer" as you can see on the tour pack, because I rode a dressed 79 XS750SF Yamaha for 4 years that I only paid 300.00 for and then I got this wing from a neighbor across the street at my old house for 1000.00. No I didn't rip him off either, I told him what they are worth and he said he still would sell it to me for 1000.00 and of course I jumped on it! I replaced the front headlight lens (it was cracked) replaced the front windshield trim, added the Corbin seat, added the highway boards, replaced the exhaust extensions the old ones had rusted out. Then cleaned it up!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Looks very nice

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Looks good Tim, and a very nice price.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sweeet!!!!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Sweet looking ride for that price! Congrats.:grinner:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Looks great, I really like the Corbin seat. I hope you don't leave it sit around like you did the Yamaha. We expect 1000 miles per month.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Man, that's a nice looking "Scoot", love that seat and the color, good job!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tpwood, you have a fantastic $1000 investment there, you were lucky on that one and your neighbour must have been in the sun for too long or desperate for the cash!!!:clapper:

Following what you told me erlier, I would tuck that baby well away until you have finished "business" . I can understand your problem with heat, but you MUST keep her for the winter( if you get a winter?:goofygrin:)

My 1100 was that colour but never got to look that smart, shame, but hopefully the next owner is getting her sorted.

Pete

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

exavid wrote:
Looks great, I really like the Corbin seat. I hope you don't leave it sit around like you did the Yamaha. We expect 1000 miles per month.
No it doesn't sit around, back and forth to work alone is between 350 and 500 mile a week depending on if iwork the weekend. Thanks all for the compliments!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
tpwood, you have a fantastic $1000 investment there, you were lucky on that one and your neighbour must have been in the sun for too long or desperate for the cash!!!:clapper:

Following what you told me erlier, I would tuck that baby well away until you have finished "business" . I can understand your problem with heat, but you MUST keep her for the winter( if you get a winter?:goofygrin:)

My 1100 was that colour but never got to look that smart, shame, but hopefully the next owner is getting her sorted.

Pete
Silverfox, your right it is nice in the cold, and YES we do get a winter here. My neighbour and his wife were 70 and he said that his wife was having trouble getting on the bike anymore. I told him that he could get 2500 to 3000 for it, but he said 1000 was good, like I said I jumped, then he told me to ride the bike for a few weeks to make sure before I gave him the money. I couldn't do that so I gave him the cash before I took the bike. He already had the stator replaced, and had kept it up mechanicaly. He just suffered a bit with keeping it clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.