Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm 6' 1" tall and find when looking at my mirrors that I have to duck my head slightly as the top of the mirror glass seems too low. You can adjust the glass sideways by pushing it but can't adjust up and down.
At least that's what I thought until I had to replace a turn signal bulb. You have to remove the mirror glass to get at the bulb and the screw for releasing the glass is right under the bottom of the mirror. To adjust the glass up and down, just loosen the screw and slide it along the locating slot (the glass will move with the screw) until you are happy with the poosition.
Now I don't need to duck my head to see everything in the mirror.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Well done man, I never realized that. Honda would do well to mention that in the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Well I've learned something new today! I often wondered why my left mirror seemed to look downwards (too much ground visible) compared to the right one. Just a quick loosening of the screw and it swiveled up enough to make a difference. Thanks gweddie! :clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Guys, :waving:If I had seen this post earlier I could have told you that, :grinner: and it might have helped me get promotion to "Guru" All the "Gurus" are gone to bed so they wouldn't have seen this post. :whip: But sure the Yankee "Gurus"shouldstill be around.:clapper:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

A lot of us Yankees don't have experience with those new model royal coaches!:dude:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Guys, :waving:If I had seen this post earlier I could have told you that,,,
But how could you have seen it man? You were missing somewhere on the islands, unable to see the road signs to find your way back because you lost your glasses again! A waste of the rescue teams resources going looking for you. I wonder how much that mission cost the poor taxpayer? :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
But how could you have seen it man? You were missing somewhere on the islands. :whip:A waste of the rescue teams resources going looking for you. :crying:I wonder how much that mission cost the poor taxpayer? :shock:
Hey BRowan, :action: I was back on the Islands by this time but I was too busy reading the letter from the wingnut about my promotion to "Top Poster" :jumper: We dont pay any tax out here, :skipping: it's a tax free haven. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Yep, my Wing's too old for this post. Mine ('77) came from the dark ages before Honda eventhought aboutadding the furniture (fairings and hard bags). My mirrors have the old ball-joints and chromed posts.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Just goes to show, you need to do a course on ownership of the newer Goldwing, even just to adjust the mirrors! :p

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Just goes to show, you need to do a course on ownership of the newer Goldwing, even just to adjust the mirrors! :p
Hey englishted, :waving:I have the advance course completed, :clapper: but I still cant get promoted to "Guru" :whip:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I think you are right Ted. I still haven't got the hang of tuning and storing the channels on my radio. Honda are no fools, they deliberately make the CD player easy to use and the radio difficult so that we will spend the big bucks on the CD player!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
I still haven't got the hang of tuning and storing the channels on my radio.
Hey 03Silver, :cool: Here is your helping friend, :clapper:Justflick and holdthe radio switch on the left handlebar untill it beeps, ;) this will search for the best radioreception, :jumper:when it stops searching press number one button on the radio face untill it beeps this station is now stored. :clapper:Repeat this process untill you have the other five buttons stored as stations. :skipping:You can repeat the same process on the U2, L, and Mbuttons but mostly rubbish on M and L. If ever you lose the reception on a particular station for any reason, :whip: just flick and holdthe radio switch on the left handlebar untill it beeps, :goofygrin: and it will search for the best radio reception in that area. :weightlifter:The stored stations will never be lost unless the battery is disconnected or you choose to change them yourself. :clapper:

This has to be another feather in my cap for promotion. :crying: :crying: :crying:

:grinner: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

That tip about the mirrors is great, they must come out of the factory with the screw in the middle of the little slot. I'm on Redwings side, his willingness to help out with even trivial matters like tuning the radio are definitely worth gur status. :)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
I'm on Redwings side, his willingness to help out with even trivial matters like tuning the radio are definitely worth gur status. :)
Hurragh !!:waving:Budeganis on my side, :clapper: Would you please use your influence with the Wingnutto try and get me promoted. :crying:You two fellows went to school together so you must know his weakness. :baffled:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
Nice one GWEddie, thanks.
Hey yellowwing, :gunhead: That mesg was posted on the 29th Dec.'04. :crying:Where have you been. :whip: Your failure to read this importantmesg untill now has been noted. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

The forum seems to be getting busier these days Redwing, so I'm afraid this thread slipped by me. Sorry, won't let it happen again! :p

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
The forum seems to be getting busier these days Redwing, so I'm afraid this thread slipped by me. Sorry, won't let it happen again! :p
Hey yellowwing, :waving:Now thats what I call a quick response. :clapper: I will use my number 600 post to accept your apology and please dont allow anything to slip past you in future on this great forum. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Redwing on your 600th :clapper:

I missed thistopic/thread for a good while too. Good tip Eddie. Don't little things like that just make your day! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.