Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Guys. I picked up a nail in the rear tire on the way home from work Tuesday (that was a fun ride). Anyway I need to replace the tire and it has a E3 on it now. Has anyone found the cheapest place to buy these tires? I'm also going to replace the rear pads while I have it apart. What brand/type pads do you use and would suggest?

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
imported post

You would just have to shop around to see who has some sales going on the tire I would think.
As for brakes, I prefer to stay with stock type replacements. I currently have stockish EBC brake pads on the back and seem to do the job just fine.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,641 Posts
imported post

+1

you have to shop around.
On the brake pads, I would stick with OEM or exact OEM replacements like the EBC brand.

Stay away from the harder ones, especially the ceramic ones. The pads last forever, but the rotor's die in short order.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the replies guys. This will be my first time changing the rear on a 1500. I've done this on my 1000 and 1100 in the past. Will I need to get the bike up off the floor higher than the center stand or can the wheel be angled over and removed/installed ?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

you can flip up the rear section as a unit, or take off the side bags and rear fender. Not allot to it either way, I've done both now. Threads on here somewhere how to change the tire either way.

This is the best deal on brake pads I've found, the link was given to me when I needed some awhile back.
Honda OEM pads
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/4102/110377

Don't forget the Moly 60 paste for the splines!

A few threads on preferred places with best pricing for tires. I run darkside so don't buy rear MC tires for 1500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.