1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

How does stuff like that work in the cold?

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

Have used it for years with positive results.
Anyone considering this product should throughly study the web sight and watch the videos to learn what this product will and will not do.
1. I have never had this product dry-up inside the tire.
2. I have never had any corrosion issues-as a matter of fact I have never had any residue on the rims. It stays on the tire as designed to do.
Interesting question on cold weather. I ride all winter, unless there is snow/ice present. Never noticed any out of balance conditions, so I can only assume the product is not freezing inside the tire.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
.... But it did dry up inside the tire where it could no longer move. .......

How long had it been in the tire? I go through at least 1 set per year and have not had it dry up. I used PJ-One Balance/Sealant before that and did not have it dry up over a longer period in the trailer tires. Just wondering....

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

I have had RideOn in my tires since 2007 (since new). This year had a puncture in the rear tire which was sealed by the RideOn. So it isstill liquid four years later. seems to help in balancing the wheels. I will be changing the tires soon and am looking forward to seeing the inside of the rims.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:

How long had it been in the tire? I go through at least 1 set per year and have not had it dry up. I used PJ-One Balance/Sealant before that and did not have it dry up over a longer period in the trailer tires. Just wondering....
About 3 months is all I get from a set of tires.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Lil Pete wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:

What were the ambient temps during that 3 months?

Did you contact RideOn about the product drying up?

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

tfdeputydawg wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
Lil Pete wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:

What were the ambient temps during that 3 months?

Did you contact RideOn about the product drying up?
It was the summer months so I am sure it was plenty hot. I don't remember contacting Ride On but that has been a few years, I just chalked that one up to experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.