Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have seen a couple of different types of breakers on ebay and web sites. What works best? I have always used a vise and wrestled it off. Got to be an easier way. I have a rear in my vise right now and the bead feels like it is glued in place. Will not seem to pop off. I mounted this tire about the same time last year so I know it has not been there for years. Don't realy have the room in my shop for a full size tire machine.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

some tires are a monster to get off and on....i use a bench mill and use it as a press around the bead with soap....but you might get good results with a drill press too
i swear not to bother on the next tire each time from all the wrestling and have found a really cheap car tire shop that will do it and i balance them...car tire mach will remove and install em...the cycle shop charges way more

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

If you like to change your own tires and maybe one for a friend, take a look at Harbor frieghts car/ motorcycle tire changer. Once you set it up in your shop and bolt it to the floor and after you do your thing, just pull the 3 bolts out and stow it away. It's alot easier then wrestling around trying to break a bead.when they are on sale theyr'e about $80- $90.,,

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/beadbreaker.html

this is what i use. instead of a Mercedes, i use the trailer hitch on the back od my Durango. works everytime. and quick too!

Robin:action:
Same method I use. Cheap and it works every time!!;)

Don't know that I woulod use a Mercedes though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.