Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/products/motorcycle-tire-pressure-monitor/

ive seen threads on here about tires cupping or wearing out to loss of pressure ect. sometimes its just a back of the mind thought that gets forgotten.

we use this brand at work on a few of the trucks they work well and are extremely accurate and you can adjust the sensitivity, pick up tire temperature, pressure you can really monitor it even has a function you can download the monitor system on a program on the computer and get a graph of your trip on how your tires preformed.

the down side is the sensors are kinda large but they insist they will fit on every brand of m/c tire out there if your running a flexible valve core i would want to change it out to a metal or stainless steel kind.

they say the sensor only weights .5oz and is easily remmided by installing a .5oz that has a sticky back to the 180 degrees from the vavle stem to get balance if its even needed.

just thought i'd post this there are tons and tons of other brands but i cannot vouch for them like i said we use this at work the audible alarm is quite loud and it flashes. to alert of a low tire we run our tire psi at 95psi and i think it goes off around 80ish psi like i said its adjustable.

you can also put sensors on your trailer this modle will hold up to 6 sensors more than enuf for a trike pulling a trailer the cost of a standard start up is 150-200 bucks i suppose if you drop 10k in a bike or even a brand new one whats this for a way to really monitor your tires?

p.s. they say hard wiring is thebest way which is super easy just hardwire it to a constant 12v sourcethis thing would take a billion years to drain a battery also a side note if power is lost to the module and reconnected it will take roughly 5 minutes or so for it to read the sensors again.

just throwin it out there have fun

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

jeez no one to comment on... man i feel so lonely out here

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Didn't see it till you brought it back up must have missed it. Looks like a good set up from what I read. Need to put one on my wish list.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I'll do it the hard way till they come down in price ALLOT!!

I looked and did not think it so great a deal unless I missed something.

$150 for the module, buy sensors separate at $50 each! $250 for a bike, or $350 for a bike and trailer or my 4 wheeled car?

No user replaceable batteries so send in the sensors to be replaced every 4-6 years at $35 each. $35 each is today's price, how much in 4 years? In 4 years will they even do it?

I'll stick to the hard way with a $3 tire gauge for now.
If I get a slow leak I'll feel it when the tire gets low, like this morning I took off at 3:30AM 28F on a 20PSI tire. I knew by the time I got out the drive and to the main road that I had a low tire! Bike sat near a month!
Got to first place with lights and pavement and aired up the tire.

If a sudden flat I'll know that also!

At 3AM in dark and cold a couple PSI don't matter till I get to a place with lights where I can check them manually!

Edit,
I think if I ran something like a run flat then they may be needed more than with a normal tire perhaps.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Not for me, thanks. TPMS typically don't send up an alert until pressure drops by 10%. That's not good enough for me. I choose a good guage and a regular maintenance schedule.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

we have a couple of the doran systems but this one is more user friendly in my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.