Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been studying on those after-market tire pressure monitoring systems that have the little cap that screws on your valve stems. I finally bought one this week. I installed it this morning and it was not worth a ****. I am sending it back. The tire pressures were not accurate (off by 4 psi in one tire and 7 in the other). I checked my pressures first with two different tire pressure gauges, so I know what the pressures were and the TPMS was not correct. On top of that, one of them did not make a good seal and leaked badly. It lost about 12 psi in just ten minutes or so.

My question is this. Are ANY of these TPMS systems of this type any good? Did I just get a bad one, or is this just a poor design in general? Please tell me what you know about it. Should I try another brand or forget the whole thing?

Thanks..... Rick

·
Administrator
26,992 Posts
imported post

I doubt any of them that screw on the valve stem are any good and unfortunately the one I was interested in that mounts inside the tire is no longer available. They probably had some kind of legal problem.
http://www.smartire.com/motorcycles/overview

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.