Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know some folks are using Tire Pressure Monitor systems.

All I looked at mention the receiver power, bike or battery, depending the type system.
NONE do I recall the mention of any power for the sending unit on the wheels.
Surely if this is wireless radio the sending units need to have power to send a signal right? I would think so anyway. How do those senders work?

I'm thinking about getting a system for future use later. Can't afford it right now, maybe put one on the Christmas list LOL

So, looking for a low cost unit, does anyone have something they would recommend, or say avoid!

I think I'd prefer an external mounted type, something that screws onto the stems ends so can be changed easy bike to bike. If the receiver connects/removes easy then I'd want one powered by bike I think, otherwise maybe the key chain type to be portable.

Only need for 2 wheels for bike now, if cost is not much more then maybe a receiver that could have more wheels added later, maybe up to 4 so if I want to use the system on a car on a trip etc...

Do these systems actually tell you the tire pressure or just show a warning light that a tire is low? I'd want to know the pressure itself.

Has anyone had these things stolen off their bikes? Is theft much of a worry with these?

Anything else I might want to know?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts

·
350 Posts
imported post

I think the system works great !!!! I have a CT on the rear , which is whyI purchased it .

some who have purchased it said that it was giving weird numbers . I got the same thing, UNTIL I discovered that you only need to just touch the on button quickly and not push and hold.... when it's on, just roll the bike forward or back to activate the motion sensor and you get a reading fairly quickly. IMHO it is one of the best add-ons I could have added to the bike...PEACE OF MIND !!! well worth the money..:thumbsup:

RIGHT NOW wing stuff has the best price w/ free shipping and you get a rubber safety case for the moniter. I never got one ??? cause I purchased it from BIKERHIWAY..... DOC

( and no, I have no connection to WING STUFF)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.