Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i run max tire pressure thats on the side wall of the tire. front and rear. thats more or less around 40-42 lbs.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks. My front is at 32 lbs. Gonna bump it up to 39. The rear is another story. My tire gauge won't fit in there. Any recommendations on a good pressure guage with a flexible hose?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Autozone or advanced auto parts......have one with a line and 90 degree head....makes it easy to check rear,

Sorta looks like this one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i run about 38psi in the front and around 35 in the rear playing with it alittle to see what works best for long trips

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

36 Front, 40 Rear. Dunlop 404's with 4,000 km. No appreciable wear, yet! However, I do ride very conservatively.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

JIMBOB83,
Honda makes ait's own special tire guage. It is a round guage, with a 45 degree pivot, about 3 inches tall. It is very important to tun the exzact recommended tire pressure because od 1. Tire Wear. 2. Proper Air Shock control, 3 Load Balancing.
Hope this helps.
Nigtrider1

JIMBO83 wrote:
Thanks. My front is at 32 lbs. Gonna bump it up to 39. The rear is another story. My tire gauge won't fit in there. Any recommendations on a good pressure guage with a flexible hose?

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

With my Avon Venom Xs, I run 42(cold) in the front and 45(cold) in the back. I've gotten better than 15K miles out of the first set with no cupping or other bad things and the set that's on the bike now also looks like they're going to go at least as far. The bike handles very nimbly with this pressure set up. The down-side is that the ride is a bit harsher.

disclaimer: this is my opinion only and should not be used as good information.:action:

Ride safe, ride happy!

Hobie

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

For a tire gauge, I found a dual chuck type works well. The "push" side works on the 90 degree stems on my 1500 and the "pull" side worked well on the 1200. About $ 8 at any auto parts store.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Ditto again :clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
imported post

I have 38 front and 40 back. 5,000 km and almost no wear on my Dunlops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.