Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok wife and I are looking at the Kenda Kruz K673 for the rear of our 83 Intersate. From the reviews it seems to be a good tire and tracks well. Can't recall what I have on right now, but when we hit that concrete ribbed highway in Tampa last night, the front end kept trying to jump all over and had me on edge for 32 miles.

Has anyone tried these tires out yet on thier bikes?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I've had them. I would weigh my alternatives.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

I have the kendas on my 1500 now. A 671 on the front mounted backwards & 673 on the rear. At about 2500 miles they are showing NO signs of wear at all. If you do a search of Kenda Tires, you will read where people say the tires sing like a church choir. I found if you add a couple of pounds of air to them they do quiet down quite a bit. I run 42 psi front & rear. From my research, Dennis Kirk has the best prices with fast & free shipping....-Rich

·
Administrator
26,530 Posts
imported post

Just don't buy anything that has a straight groove in the center, it will follow road grooves and tar snakes like a slot car.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

also makes a difference if you have two different kinds of tires on your bike. from what I hear anyways.. always had same brand tires on front and back

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
I have the kendas on my 1500 now.  A 671 on the front mounted backwards & 673 on the rear.  At about 2500 miles they are showing NO signs of wear at all.  If you do a search of Kenda Tires, you will read where people say the tires sing like a church choir.  I found if you add a couple of pounds of air to them they do quiet down quite a bit.  I run 42 psi front & rear.  From my research, Dennis Kirk has the best prices with fast & free shipping....-Rich

wow their site is hard to find things... cant find the tires to fit 82 gl1100

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

I am on my third set of Kendas on my 86 Aspy just put them on yesterday and I could not be more pleased with the performance in all weather and the long wear, dont remember mileage on my first set, but the tires I just took off had appx 11000 miles on them and could have left them on longer but I cut my front on a piece of metal on the road last week so it was time for new.

:july4thflag:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

notodd wrote:
Redeye1620 wrote:
I have the kendas on my 1500 now. A 671 on the front mounted backwards & 673 on the rear. At about 2500 miles they are showing NO signs of wear at all. If you do a search of Kenda Tires, you will read where people say the tires sing like a church choir. I found if you add a couple of pounds of air to them they do quiet down quite a bit. I run 42 psi front & rear. From my research, Dennis Kirk has the best prices with fast & free shipping....-Rich
wow their site is hard to find things... cant find the tires to fit 82 gl1100
In their search box type your tire size like this, 130 70 18 Don't use any dashes or slashes.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

notodd wrote:
also makes a difference if you have two different kinds of tires on your bike. from what I hear anyways.. always had same brand tires on front and back
That's why I went with a rear tire (k671)mounted backwards, no center grove, deeper thread depth, a heaver weight rating, & $10 cheaper than a regular front tire....-Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.