Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

IN my recent tire shopping/sales/deals, I found 0 tires listed that match, what I currently have on my 1200... Front: 130/90/16 Rear:150/90/15

***Everything on the market seems to be catering to the 1500's now...(my old girl is an 84/1200) ....

MY ? is: what will fit/perform, size wise okay for me? {Please be 1200 specific, there are soooo many people on this forum that answer everything for the 1100, I have the 1200, they are very different... in most aspects}...(Some DIY thread for the 1100 doesn't work for me)....

Thanks, and keep on riding.... you are appreciated... :waving:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

Shinko Tourmaster 230 have them for the 1200 the rear is V rated (149mph) and 992lbs, I've had them on mine since March, the E3 is rated about 840lbs and twice the price, I like them but do not feel qualified to rate them as the're the only new set I've had with 4K milage so far, maybe some other members who have tried other brands then gone to shinkos can give you some more info. I had front and rear delivered for less than the price of a front E3 from motorcyclesuperstore.com

Ali

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

How's this for specific. I put these on both my 1200's Front tire: http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_120_131&products_id=1484 Rear tire: http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_120_131&products_id=1491 You can hunt around for the place with the best price but those are the ones for the 1200. They're very smooth and quiet on the straight stretches but sing a bit on curvy roads. Some like it, some don't. Sweet music to my ears!

p.s. for more specific 1200 information you might try this site: they're very knowledgeable about 1200s

http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/index.php

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

84AspJimCalif wrote:
IN my recent tire shopping/sales/deals, I found 0 tires listed that match, what I currently have on my 1200... Front: 130/90/16 Rear:150/90/15

***Everything on the market seems to be catering to the 1500's now...(my old girl is an 84/1200) ....

MY ? is: what will fit/perform, size wise okay for me? {Please be 1200 specific, there are soooo many people on this forum that answer everything for the 1100, I have the 1200, they are very different... in most aspects}...(Some DIY thread for the 1100 doesn't work for me)....

Thanks, and keep on riding.... you are appreciated... :waving:
I bought a front and rear in those sizes...the tires I bought were Kenda Kruz...about $175 for the pair

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Wow,,, American Moto Tire, has the sizes... and nice prices.. thanks, much... for the links, and SPECIFIC 1200 info.... :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

You can. You're only 40 miles from Champlain, NY. There must be a parcel service that you could get the tires shipped to and then go pick them up there. If the tire is manufatured in the USA (Dunlops are) there is no duty. Just pay the tax and waltz across the border. I do it all the time, and I'm 60 miles from the border here in Winnipeg. Fill up with cheap gas and you double your savings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.