Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi time for a new rear tire.. the center stand is a bear to get the bike up. me thinks a

larger rear tire would be easier on the back. would a 16 inch tire work in the back of

the bike for height and comfort?

thx scot.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

the 1200 uses a 15 inch rear rim. The 16 inch tire will not fit this. AFAIK, there is no aftermarket rims available for the 1200 goldwing. As an aside, there is also not a lot of room in there for a taller rear tire without hitting the frame

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

Scot, it would be easier to either find a ride-off centerstand for your bike, or a really good welder could cut your stand down and reweld it to make it a little shorter. I've seen both on 1200s before, both work good.:D

Gene:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Before you do anything else scot, try taking the centerstand off and clean and lubricate the moving parts. That often can make a big difference in the effort needed to get the bike on the stand.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

My '85 somehow has ended up with 16" rims front & rear. I don't know if it was the P/O or maybe even before him. All I know is that the rear must have the complete drive unit installed. My brake caliper can't connect where it should on the shock mounting bolt and when the wife is on with me, we get tire rub when we hit a stiff bump. Now my only option is to find a tire with a smaller profile. Maybe a 140 instead of a 160.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.