Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a bad tire nois, or at least i think it is. I have heard others say the same about the Dunlop Elite 3 on a 1500. I anyone wants to, take a look at this video i have upped on Youtube, you can here the sound there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqcslFYqqQ

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

What happened to the other half of the road?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Haven`t upped it yet.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

I've noticed the same noise from the Elite 3's on my 1800. I have 9,000 miles on them now and they are wearing a whole lot better thanthe Dunlops that came on the bike from the factory. Judging from the wear on them at 9,000 miles I'm expecting to get 15 to 18,000 miles on the Elite 3's. I'll put up with a little noise if I can get this kind of wear.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Good to hear that others have the same noise, would hate to take off the rear wheel again. I have changed wheel bearings and serviced the final drive and it didn`t help. Guess i have to accept that it is tire noise. The bike has only run 74000 km.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
What happened to the other half of the road?
I thought WOW what a nice road...until I saw the traffic coming down the other way!

I've been on many switch backs in the mountains ofBritish Columbia but......:shock:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

:XOne of the guys I ride with has a 1500 and was complaining about the same noise, he thought it was a bearing noise , was just the tires. My 1800 will make some noise also, Stones are my chose, Dunlops were nosey and cupped early.:banana:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I was going to ask if the noise was caused by cut tread from going through jagged rocks. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

After about 2-3000 miles, mine started making the same noise, only when I leaned on a turn. After 9,000 miles, they do the same thing. Still no cupping though. I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Seems that you have had your answer about the tyre noise Johnsa, so it only remains to say, great video footage, very enjoyable, withpretty good sound and vision, would love to see more if you do some of that riding again. Reminds me of the Alpine passes that we did down in Austria, Italy and Switzerland, same sort of roads.

The rocky corner moment, would have caused brown underwear for me!!! :shock:

Looks like you will just have to keep riding and filming to wear those noisey tyres out!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Nice video. Great quality. I heard more tire noise during braking than during turns. About the road--I see how it works--both directions use the same half of the road.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Yipe, brown drawer moment definately on the rocks, good job of keeping it upright......

Also noticed the clunky gear changes. I thought mine was noisy, glad to hear it's not just mine...... I have some of the same tire noise, especially in corners. But I am also wondering about the rest of the road????? What happens when a large truck is going throught there??????

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

If you'll send me a plane ticket and loan me your bike for a week or so, maybe I can figure it out. Brian

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Hehe, i thougt i would hear something about that last turn :baffled:. It was much sharper then it looked like, and i had either to put the wing into ground or drive in the stones, only got one small scratch under the brake pedal. Just upped the other half of the road btw. Its a tourist road and only open in the summertime.

Here is the link if anyone wanna look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57aw8F_FVbY&feature=channel_page

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

Beautiful Country. How many miles and what's the elevation at the top?

If that's summer, I'll bet it was still cool at the top.

I have an E3 on the front and an E2 on the rear. I really don't hear much noise from mine with the aftermarket pipes on the bike. Only have about 3k on the E3 and like it so far and will probably replace the rear with the same.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Very Nice!

DeDub :18white:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

When I picked up my wing it had E3s on it. It didn't make the same noise yours makes, but they were road noisy. Anyway, replaced them with the OEM K177s. All that noise went away and I haven't looked back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.