Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

first i want to thank everyone here that expressed their idea's about the dark side. so i got to thinkin'. what if we did a comment section for ONLY those that are riding on car tires or have. the thought is like has been said so many times here is if you haven't ridden on one how can you comment. what do you think. :?:popcorn:ps after tomorrow i will be able to also add my comments, i will be riding on a perelli 195/55/16

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

This is the internet. Experience is not required to offer analytical comments or suggestions.

I've read things in tech forums that were likely written by folks that never owned a bike, or opened a toolbox. Just the way it is. :)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i am thinking trikes and everthing else is supposed to have those slicks on them. i was just thinking since there were so many opinions on both side we could shake out the facts just the facts. all in honest fun. don't want to ruffle feathers here. :needahug:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

AHHhhh someone JUST like me.

I suggested to Steve on my first post or two to sub-section the Wings by size.

(he said in short)Won't happen.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

I will comment again. I like me car tar if I could find 1 that I could cram on the front I would be out there right now with my crow-bar , chisle and hammer. 175-60-Dunlop wintersport rear Front Michelin Pilot rear 130-70-18

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

ONLY those that are riding on car tires or have.
Once I rode with car tires, then bike season came and I went back to that! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

You're playing with fire there Don. If you want a darkside only forum, go to the gl1800riders site. Everyone (even those with no clue) get to offer their opinion here.

Good luck with your install tomorrow. I'm eager to hear your opinion of the Pirelli.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

yeah i figured, just thought,we could hear just from the people with experience on this one. it was worth a shot :gunhead::badgrin:. i'll send you a pm in the next day or two

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

Is the 195 on a 1500 . I have the 175. Would like to try one wider next time , if I can ever wear this one out.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I wore out the Federal Formoza 175/60-16 in 3 months/20,000mi and would not go back to one of that brand again.

I'll be installing the Austone Taxi tire shortly, to give that a shot. If that one does not perform the way I think a tire should(be it a CT, or a MC tire) then I will be going back to my E3s .

A wider CT, in my opinion, would just exacerbate the negatives of a CT, throwing/pitching you around on uneven/ruttedpavement. :?

Dusty

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Geezzzzzzzz Dusty it must be you, I've got close to 30,000 miles on mine & lots left, I"ll show you in Front Royal. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Geezzzzzzzz Dusty it must be you, I've got close to 30,000 miles on mine & lots left, I"ll show you in Front Royal. :action::action:
Same here but its on a VTX. The one on the wing is good so far but I only have a few thousand on it.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:

Well Bob, .... you are one of the few on this forum that have actually witnessed my E3s, with the actual mileage I get from them, so you know that I'm not 'Blowin Smoke', when I make the mileage claims I get from my E3s.(25,000 miles rear/27,000 miles front) :readit:

Yes ..... was disappointed with only getting 20,000 mi from the Formoza. :(

I'm suspecting the main reason for the lack of mileage, was due to the extreme temps and load. My speeds were not that great on the whole, although there were times I saw over the ton mark.

Here is the tire, whenRudy and I changed it out at the recentEureka Springs 7 M&G

Dusty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.