Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have you ever noticed (or is it just me) how tired you get after a bike ride. While your on the bike all is good, whether it's a 1 hour or 4,5 hour or even 10 or 12 hour ride, when I finally get home all I want to do is sleep. Now I have thought maybe it's because when I woke up this morning the first thing I did was go for a ride on the bike, so maybe my subconscious is saying if you go to bed now when you wake up it's time to go for another bike ride. Things that make you go Hmmmm.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Have you ever noticed (or is it just me) how tired you get after a bike ride. While your on the bike all is good, whether it's a 1 hour or 4,5 hour or even 10 or 12 hour ride, when I finally get home all I want to do is sleep. Now I have thought maybe it's because when I woke up this morning the first thing I did was go for a ride on the bike, so maybe my subconscious is saying if you go to bed now when you wake up it's time to go for another bike ride. Things that make you go Hmmmm.
I think it's all the fresh air, sailing does the same thing to me.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

It's called a Road Buzz. Take an aspirin after a couple of hours into a ride and it knocks out the tireds andclears your head.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Glad I am not alone on this. I was beginning to think I was getting old. I also attributed a bit of it to stress during the learning process.

An aspiren eh???

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
Glad I am not alone on this. I was beginning to think I was getting old. I also attributed a bit of it to stress during the learning process.

An aspiren eh???
Especially while you're touring. I'll take one a couple of hours into the day and another every 4 hours or so. They are also supposed to be good for your heart.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I recon that it is a combination of Adrenalin, from the buzz of riding, the fresh air, and the age thing. I don't recall being quite as tired getting off a bike when I was 22 years old. Then again, it's surprising how much you forget in 5 years!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Although I don't disagree with Kyle, how does the Asprin help, when the tiredness kicks in after the ride? I am not really tired during the ride, it hits me afterwards. Does the Asprin fend this off too?:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I recon that it is a combination of Adrenalin, from the buzz of riding, the fresh air, and the age thing. I don't recall being quite as tired getting off a bike when I was 22 years old. Then again, it's surprising how much you forget in 5 years!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Although I don't disagree with Kyle, how does the Asprin help, when the tiredness kicks in after the ride? I am not really tired during the ride, it hits me afterwards. Does the Asprin fend this off too?:baffled:

Pete
Asprin or Ibuprofen dulls the central nervous system to a degree. I take one when I start to ride, it makes a lot of difference, the aches and pains do not seem as bad. I am not as tired at the end.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Hawker22 wrote:

An aspiren eh???
Especially while you're touring. I'll take one a couple of hours into the day and another every 4 hours or so. They are also supposed to be good for your heart.

Kyle

I have been taking a half aspirin every nite for the last three years. It tends to keep the blood thinner and may be beneficial in preventing clots. The last time I went for bloodwork, it was the first time in my life that they missed my vein. Had to prick me three times to strike oil. She asked me if I was taking aspirin.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

No. After a ride I feel as normal as always. Only time I have been tired was after a Border Iron Butt ride from Mexico to Canada. I can sleep when I die.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

I've checked many posts and we all seem to be adults here and I've noticed you all seem to have a sense of humour, so I'll relate my theory. I think motorcycle riding is like good sex. It's terrific and takes so much out of you that when you're done, you're zapped. That's my theory. :grinner:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

I like being zapped, either way....:goofygrin:

:12red::cool:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

MoneyGuy wrote:
I've checked many posts and we all seem to be adults here and I've noticed you all seem to have a sense of humour, so I'll relate my theory. I think motorcycle riding is like good sex. It's terrific and takes so much out of you that when you're done, you're zapped. That's my theory. :grinner:
I always thought sex was only for the winter time, when you can't ride the bike!!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I don't recall being quite as tired getting off a bike when I was 22 years old. Then again, it's surprising how much you forget in 5 years!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:
Yeah right Foxy. Seems to me someone just had a birthday.

Are you sure that shouldn't read 27 years and not 5? :goofygrin::goofygrin: :goofygrin:Right back at ya buddy!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

goldwingsilver2005 wrote:
No. After a ride I feel as normal as always. Only time I have been tired was after a Border Iron Butt ride from Mexico to Canada. I can sleep when I die.
There have been times on the road on a long haul with a truck that I've been afraid I might die when I sleep. Some can do it, but I have a limit and don't press myself beyond it. Too many accidents when a driver fell asleep, the body will go to sleep at some point no matter how you resist.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
goldwingsilver2005 wrote:
There have been times on the road on a long haul with a truck that I've been afraid I might die when I sleep. Some can do it, but I have a limit and don't press myself beyond it. Too many accidents when a driver fell asleep, the body will go to sleep at some point no matter how you resist.
A man must know his limitations, I followed a semi for 25 miles and he was going from one edge of the interstate to the other crossing back and forth untill he pulled into a rest area. When I saw him coming up on me I could not imagine what was going on, I pulled over and let him pass, the guy was falling asleep. It is just a wonder he did not kill someone.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

puttitin wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
I don't recall being quite as tired getting off a bike when I was 22 years old. Then again, it's surprising how much you forget in 5 years!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:
Yeah right Foxy. Seems to me someone just had a birthday.

Are you sure that shouldn't read 27 years and not 5? :goofygrin::goofygrin: :goofygrin:Right back at ya buddy!!!
Darn it, you rumbled me, Puttitin!! Thought I might get away with that one

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I rode over to visit a friend today, he lives about 60 miles away. I rode down on he back roads and back on the slab. Didn't feel tired when I got back, more like exhilarated.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
It's called a Road Buzz. Take an aspirin after a couple of hours into a ride and it knocks out the tireds andclears your head.

Kyle
I use to take an "Aspirin" everyday untill I read that some Top Holistic docters saying in 15 years were going to have a rash of people going "Blind" from taking "Aspirin" every day because it increases the chance of "Macular Degeneration" of the eyes due to pumping too much blood to the eye vessels?!
So it's a catch 22? Good Heart /Blind Eyes, Good Eyes/Bad Heart?! Always something!!!:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

In short, blind or dead?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Blind is Dead, you can't "Ride" !!!:baffled:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status