Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need new tires for an '94 Aspencade. I commute on this bike and get caught in the rain quite often, so I'd like to get the best rain tire possible. Any experience with Elite IIIs? ...Michelin's?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Good tyre, but searching the forum reveals that the most popular one seems to be the Metzeler 880. BTW welcome to the forum. :D

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Mixed reports on the Elite IIIs from my reading, although its still early days and they are not available in large quantities every where yet. It does seem like the EIII isn't the magic tyre that we were led to believe in all the bumpf.
BTW, Michelin don't recommend any of theirtyres for the GL1500, to the best of my knowledge (unless they brought a new one out recently).

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey danxtc :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper: What Jason has told you is correct. :weightlifter: Tyres are like oil, it's a pers choice. :jumper:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
the forum reveals that the most popular one seems to be the Metzeler 880.
Hey englishted :waving: Gosh i didn't recognize you with that new face of yours. nice hat though. :clapper: I wouldn't agree with that statement you made. :whip:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Tyres are like oil, as Redwing said. It's really a case of listening to what you hear, then going out and buying the tyre you were thinking about in the first place!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

just fitted me880s haven't rode in the wet yet but thumbs up so far.;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Tires and oil, should have a forum just for these two topics!

:goofygrin::15red::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

Oil? Doesn't everyone use walmart generic?:shock::p

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks for the welcome and the response.

Now that the snow is gone, I'll probably buy whatever is on the shelf so I can geton the road as soon as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.