Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just purchased 1975 gl1000. Been in garage for 5+ years. Tires dry rot andmay have been on for all 10,900 miles.

Any suggestions for replacement?

Thanks for info.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
imported post

Randakk suggest some good tires on his great website.Ive only tried the Dunlops on mine.Having inner tubes the Dunlops have a very substantial sidewall.I took on a nail last summer and lost all the air but the sidewall strength let me limp home which was 7 miles.The tire felt half full of air all the way home yet when I got it into the driveway it was fully deflated.The guy who replaced the tire for me the next day couldnt believe how tough it was to get off of the rim.The sidewall flex was minimal.

Im not pushing the Dunlop.Only saying its one tire that might get you to a safe haven if you get a nail or facsimile.
Flatfour

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

wow! a 75 with 10K... what a find. good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

It would be dependent on the way you ride. I like the sport touring Bridgestone BT45 Battlax. I use the Bridgestone Battlax on my CBR600 work bike as well. The handling is superb but the wear maybe 20% less than a harder tire

·
Premium Member
987 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I tried the IRC tires Randakk recommends and I like them enough I put them on the CX500 as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.