Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I found this on the net www.americanmototire.com . I ordered me a Donlop Elite 3 rear tire for my 82 goldwing total with shipping was less then $100.00 . Now for the fun part mounting and balancing its been a while since I've done bike tires as a matter of fact last time I did this the bike had tubes in them 1952 Harley Pnahead Chopper back around 1970.:D

I wouldn't trade the Wing for 100 of those now.:clapper:

Norman

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Let us know how you fare with the Elite 3's. Still not a lot of useful information from users. :)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I just bought one also, I will post what I think about it on here as soon as I can. I did notice that the radial was quite a bit more expensive.... we'll see how this bias ply lasts. Does anybody have any recommendations for a shop in Memphis, TN? I know the guys down at Al's Honda (formerly Al's Indian.... back in the day... that's how long it has been there.), just have never had to use them for repairs.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Venom X works great on my 83 Interstate.

Just put them on and with the other suspension upgrades I made at the same time, the bike handles like a sporty.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Hobie

I grew up in Hamilton, Illinois moved to Wyoming for 20 years and lived in Virginia for 8 years now in Texas. I miss the view of the Mississippi river at sun set going up the river road on a motorcycle.

I'm still waitiing on the new rear tire should be here this week.

Norman

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

norman wrote:
Hobie

I grew up in Hamilton, Illinois moved to Wyoming for 20 years and lived in Virginia for 8 years now in Texas. I miss the view of the Mississippi river at sun set going up the river road on a motorcycle.

I'm still waitiing on the new rear tire should be here this week.

Norman
Hi Norman,Man are you in the wrong part of the world to see a river as I am sure you already know....unless you go about 15 miles south of Pampa to the North Fork of the Red River, I have a feeling there is nothing there but a dry creek.....I am curious about the new tire, keep us informed how it turns out. Happy riding.

dean_3326 :12red:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Last check on Fedex and the tire is to be delivered on Fri. I think I'm getting old and lazy because I checked at a shop in Borger and they will mount and balance the thing for $22.00. All I got to do is take the wheel off the bike and take it to them.As soon as http://www.americanmototire.com gets restocked on the front tire I'll order a front tire. They have a good selection of other brands that some of you guys said you liked so maybe you all ought to check out their prices. ( I don't know how to spell you all like I've heard it pronounced here but you get my drift):DAny of you guys fly? I fly a KR2 home built along with riding the Wing and also like to race and build alcohol Go Karts. Like speed and noise!

Norman

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Just spent ages on the sites listed browsing through the lists, only to find at the end that they don't ship internationally :/

Why do americans always seem to get the good deals?

G

·
imported post

GroundZero wrote:
Why do americans always seem to get the good deals?
Hey GroundZero :waving:Yeah thats right, :clapper: They even got all the cracked frames. :whip:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

GroundZero, can one of us Americans help you get the tires you need? I don't know anything about shipping to Ireland but we could sure find out and help you get what you need. Or, is it less expensive to just get your tires over there? If I can help let me know. Regards, Peter

G

·
imported post

Hey pjfsail :waving:Would you please update your profile and complete the LOCATION section and tell us what country you live in. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Definately not less expensive, least not anywhere I've looked so far.

On average tyre prices seem to over 100% more here than in US.

eg DUNLOP K491 ELITE II (130/70-18) £113.00

compared to about the equiv of £50 from the US

Still couldn't win though as shipping costs would bump the price back up again anyway

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

Redwing, I just updated my profile. I'm from Morro Bay in California USA. I answered all the questions I could answer. If I can do more please let me know. I didn't realize after I signed up on the forum that I needed to update my profile or I would have done it without asking. Regards, Peter

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

norman wrote:
Any of you guys fly? I fly a KR2 home built along with riding the Wing and also like to race and build alcohol Go Karts. Like speed and noise!

Norman
There are several of us who fly. I sold my last airplane a little over a year ago, it was a Commonwealth Skyranger I restored from a basket case. I've built three homebuilts and owned about 13 different airplane over the years. I flew an example of your VW powered KR2 some years ago, but never built a composite. I'm kind of a rag and tube man!

:waving::15red::waving:

G

·
imported post

pjfsail wrote:
Redwing, I just updated my profile. I'm from Morro Bay in California USA. I answered all the questions I could answer. If I can do more please let me know. I didn't realize after I signed up on the forum that I needed to update my profile or I would have done it without asking. Regards, Peter
Well done pjfsail.:clapper: Thank you. :waving:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I just got in my new Dunlop Elite III (yep, 3) rear tire for my 82 1100 today. I will mount it sometime this week and get back with y'all on how it does.... I'm seeing belts on my old rear tire... that's what I call good timing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.