Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1100I this is just shy of being a boat anchor... It has not run in six years. I continue to delude myself into believing I will ride this machine one day.

Today I am shopping for tires... I am open to suggestions... I know Bikeand Dennis uses Stones... anyone else like stones.

Is there any reason I shouldn't consider this tire? I am still bemoaning the discontinuation of the PilotGT's for the 1500's...

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=froogle-CKyO4vXJwLcCFZFr7Aod6nMA0Q&details=Ordern&typ=D-118372&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1&pk_campaign=froogle

What do you guiys that ride 1100s think?

T

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I had and '82 1100 Standard and I liked the Bridgestone Spitfires much better than Dunlop 404s. Smooth, quiet, no cupping, and no singing to me after they had a few miles on them!

That Michelin is a Radial isn't it? Can you run that one on the 1100 ok?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Stock Dunlops have served me well for the past 30 years.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I have had 3 Shinko's and liked them well, however, they just did not last long enough..
my last rear purchase was the Michlin Pilot Active 130 90 17, and it seems to be rearing very well, however, not as sticky as the shinko's were.
I thought there were handling issues with Radial's on original Bias Bikes?

This is link to pilot I bought.. Bias Ply
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...in-Pilot-Activ-Rear-Tire.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
I ran Donlop EII's for the longest time. I average 20k miles a set. Since they have discontinued these tires, I will be going to the EIII's and hope for that kinda of mileage again. My GL1100 has been sitting for four years, tires date code puts them on the edge of needing replacing. If I don't wear them out by the end of the year, they will be replaced irregardless.

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
My 82 1100I loves the Dunlop E3. Got 24000 out of the rear, 27,000 on the front. Good prices right now from Chaparrell in Southern California, free shipping.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Stock Dunlops have served me well for the past 30 years.
Hmmmm, you have got that much time out of them? Is that 1 mile /day??? :shock:

·
Premium Member
1986 Aspencade SEi
362 Posts
I've been running the Dunlop 303's for several years, no complaints so far. I did have a little cupping on the last front tire I replaced, but it wasn't until the tire was worn out anyway.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Hmmmm, you have got that much time out of them? Is that 1 mile /day??? :shock:
LOL, that's a good catch Stu.

Actually I have been very pleased with the handling and wear from Dunlop Elites. BTW I have owned the bike for 30 years and it only has 64,000 miles so its 5.84 miles / day.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Shinkos!! Great value, great tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.