Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok y'all. Question for ya.... Michelin in 95 or 96 had a radial for the 1500's. I put it on my wing I had at that time and absolutely loved them. Rode and cornered like a dream, not sure of wear can't remember. Does anyone know if they are still available? If not, I am going to have to make a choice from another tire. I have heard D III's are supposedly good, Avon's too. I do like to take my 1500 to the corners, love Deal's Gap (or the Dragon's tail as we call it here). So I guess I know everyone has a favorite for certain reasons, would love to hear so I can maybe make an edjumacated decision, or at least an opinionated one.

Thanks, and safe ridin!!!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

ahhhh brand of tires.....

sort of like women... the one I am with at the moment is the best there ever was and is...

should point out that the one I am with has been with me since we met in 1975

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The Avon Venoms are super on the 1500 ,,I got around 14000 miles on the rear tyre and I drove my 1500 hard into corners ,,I did not like the dunlops ,I did not find them too good in the wet ,,but the avons stick to the road like glue ,,,I have a set now ready to go on my 1800 ,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Metzler 880's, great cornering tire and real good wear.

Good in the rain and load carrying is at the top of the charts.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

I just put a set of Metzeler 880 Marathons on my '86 GLI last week to replace my old Elite IIs. I really didn't feel comfortable with the Dunlops because they tracked rain groove and were a bit scary for me in wet corners. They are, of course, obsolete now, anyway. But, the Metzelers are unbelieveably smooth by comparison and handle wet and corners and rain grooves superbly.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the input so far everyone!!!! Michelin used to make a radial for 1500's back in 95 or 96, had a set on my 95 wing prior to this one. Do they still make that tire? Anyone know? I am keeping tally on this, so far 2 for metzler and one for avon. Any known problems with avon at slow speed?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I just installed a new set of Dunlop 491 Elite II's on my 84 Aspy. I love them. The bike handles very well now and is very tight.I rode in the rain the other day and had a very nice ride with no slippage. Very nice tires and the cost for both was under $200.00.

Of course, anything would be better than the cupped, bald tires that were on the bike

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've got about 3500 miles on my Elite IIIs (bias) on my 1500. So far so good. They seem to be a lot better handling than the Elite IIs that were previously on the bike. The price of $250 was okay too.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Oh Oh... Don't let Redwing see this post.:thumpingmad:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

With the full and unsolicited support of Redwing, I put a set of Bridgestone Spitfire S11's on my 1984 Aspencade and so far, after almost 1,000 km., I'm very impressed. They seem to inspire much more confidence than the old Dunlop Elite II's. Mind you, any good new tire would probably do that after those wooden Elite II's.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

How many times must i tell you guys, :stumped: this is beginnging to sound like an echo :baffled: The only tyre to fit on your :18red: :15red: :12red: :11red: :1000red: is BRIDGESTONE.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Oopppsss..., wasn't aware of the Redwing's preference for the Bridgestones.....:baffled:(very strong prefferenced :goofygrin:) Remember though don't :gunhead:, I am still new here... Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I'll apologize in advance
Redwing

If I ever have a chance to get one of the new GL1800's it is going to be:

[align=center]
[/align]

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wingin family wrote:
Oopppsss..., wasn't aware of the Redwing's preference for the Bridgestones.....:baffled: (very strong prefferenced :goofygrin:) Remember though don't :gunhead:, I am still new here... Thanks...

Hey wingin family :waving:I know that your new here, :clapper:thats why i want to give you the

correct advice about tyres, :weightlifter:before any of these guys

can brain wash you about different makes :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey rcmatt007 :waving:I wish that was true. :crying:Terriable weather at the moment. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Doesn't look like that fine machine is making the riders very happy! Probably feel better when back on the Honda 50.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.