Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Round ones . :D:D:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: I like bridgestones myself, but as of late I only need a front one. There will be 1000 and one opinions about this one.

Kit

Actually for the 1800 of all those who do have an opinion, Bridgestones do always seem to come out on top.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I been tryin em all it seems. My last set are Avon Cobras, so far so good....
I've come to the conclusion that Where I live and most of our roads are very curvy my tires just don't last.Took a recent trip to florida,2600 miles round trip all interstates,tires showed almost no wear (very few twisties) Last year rode to smoky mountains ,1800 miles round trip, had Avon venom's, they wore terrible...replaced front at 5000 mi.rear at 7000 not good...
i believe the 1800 wing is just hard on my wallet,,,I mean tires......:D

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Brickstones, E3s & Avon Venoms seem to be the favorites.

They are well proven and don't have many of the problems as reported on other brands.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I have been using Dunlap 250 so far so good 10500 on them

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I have been using Dunlap 250 so far so good 10500 on them

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

EIII's 23,000 miles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Being that our old friend "REDWING" has taken a short sabbatical from posting and helping keep us straight,,,,

I'll speak up for him...

GET SOME BLOODY "BRIDGESTONES" !!!!!! :cheeky1:

How was that!!!!

I too have had good luck with them. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

On my 1100 I've been running elite 2's averaging 20,000 miles on them. That makes me happy. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Sometimes I should keep mouth shut, but gonna say it anyway. :) Take a close look at the worn tire up above. Look at it closely. No a sign of wear on the side tread, and certainly never up on the sidewall. All wear, and I state all wear is in the center track of the tire.

This is normal with most traditional riding and wear the way 99 percent of folks use a Wing, for fun, for touring, on regular roads and just out to enjoy life and go.

I know a very good alternative. Safe, lots of miles, It does not run on the sidewalls either.

Just that you do have to tow a trailer with you, because at each corner you have to unhook the trailer, load the bike on the trailer, push it around the corner and then unload the bike , hook up the trailer, gee there is another corner just up ahead!! I hate corners. :D Kit

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Wow! 23,000 out of a rear tire? I've never gotten that many miles out of any rear tire. Elite II used to be my favorite tire but never tried the Elite III. Price has forced me over to the worlds 12th largest tire company.

Kung Hei Fat Choy

Q

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Q wrote:
Wow! 23,000 out of a rear tire? I've never gotten that many miles out of any rear tire. Elite II used to be my favorite tire but never tried the Elite III. Price has forced me over to the worlds 12th largest tire company.

Kung Hei Fat Choy

Q
Most of those miles are touring hauling a trailer. AMT & Motorcycle Superstore are in the $270-$280 range for both tires delviered. Unfortunately they only deliver to the good ol US of A. I have a bro-in-law in Texas that hauls them up for me. My new ones I just brought up were $276.98 from the Superstore. Hell.....up here that wouldn't even buy me one tire!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

The stealers around here wanted a little over $200.00 for either Bridgestones or Metzlers for just the rear on my 1200. That was with me doing the installing.

I can order one from Americanmototire for about $130.00 delivered.

This time though their shipping disappointed me. I ordered it on the 19th and it didn't get shipped till the 26th. Should arrive tomorrow.

I had to do some serious thinking and planning so I ordered a Kendra to try.

I know, I know, tires arent someplace to scrimp. But my train of thought is that just about the time Sept gets here, I'll need a new tire. So I'ld rather try this tire and if it only last 5000 miles okay.

Then in Sept. I'll have a fresh tire on the back if I get to head to Montrose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.