Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 84, 1200 aspencade limited eddition that Ipicked up last spring with 14,000 miles on the bike total OEM. now with 24,000 I need new sneakers. what i found out that the Dunlop elite 3 or michelin commander are the way to go.:action:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Welcome millwright to a great forum. I would first ask what kind of riding you do. Do you like those snake bends etc, or just the more or less general riding. If you like the twisties, I would suggest a softer tire like the Metzlers, or Dunlop III's or some other soft tire. But with a softer tire you don't get the same milage as you would with a harder tire. I had the dunlop elite ll's and almost wiped out on a damp road with new tires. To me they seemedtoo hard. my 2 cents anyway. :waving: :)

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

sore subject around here GRRRRR! but the Elite 2's are great in a warm climate but you should be doubly careful the first 100 miles on any new tires . but you wont find them any longer ,,, get the MICHELINS!!! Bibendum rocks.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I ride smooth straight roads to work and back about 100 miles aday. no heavy loads get cought in the rain storms. the tire that are on the bike now ride and wear like cast iron.

Thanks dale:

:action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

What type tires do you have now?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post