Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I don't have lots of money to throw at my goldwing. But I will spend the money on a good set of tires. I just don't have a clue what to buy... PLease direct me in the right direction. Oh, I am asking because today I found out what it is like to have a rear blowout! I heard something hit the bottom of my bike that was in the road and then it came - wobble, wobble, wobble and back and forth over the road. Damn, it was a bad feeling but I slowed down and safely got her off the road. Enough of my complaining already, just get me some tires so I can go riding again!

Thanks

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't believethere are any bias ply steel belted tires. Because radial tires are wider for a similar size tireit's difficult to get radials to fit due to the close clearance between the side of the tire and the swing arm. There are several brands of bias ply tiresfor an 1100, Dunlop, Metzler, Brookstone, Kenda for a few. Google the various brands and you'll find some good deals.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Just padding the count.:cooldevil:

·
751 Posts
imported post

Speaking of tires the Dunlop elite 3s are terrible & I was talking tires with a friend who has a 1800 & I have a 1500 & I don`t believe Dunlop makes a radial for the 1500 he said they are a special elite 3 for the 1500 that are radial!The only radial for the 1500 is from shinko ! Can any1 tell me if there is truth to dunlop myth ?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

I spent an evening investigating what is the best tire for my 82 GL1100I ,

Best buy , best reviews- Motorcycle-superstore.com

Best Tire- Dunlop- Elite 3

Size- front-MR90H-18- Price:116.99

Size-Rear-MU90HB-16-price:117.99

local installation guide on site,

I would rate this company with an A+, all reviews positive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts