Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can any one recomend tires for the gl11001982 .I have been running the dunlop d404.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

I'm running Bridgestone spitfire, and i LOVE them, rides much better than the 404.. i find they follow lines a bit for you.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I've currently got Avon Venom X on the 1100. Very good in the rain as well as dry pavement. I don't ride that one as much as I used to so at this time I can't speak for the mileage.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Just replaced the old tires on my 81 100 with the Bridgestone S11 Spitfires. I love em. They handle beautifully in the rain and the dry. Smooth and comfortable ride. I have about 4000 on them so far and they show absolutely no wear at all.

BikeBandit.com has them really reasonably priced and very fast shipping.

:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

I like the Dulop Elite III from TiresUnlimited.com

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

I'm running Avon Venom-X's. Love'em. I ride far more aggressive with these tires. I'd buy them again.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the info now all i have to do is decide whitch one.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I run the D404 up front and the elite II on the rear. I have a couple miles of dirt road and these tires handle dirt better than the elite III.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thanks for the input .The 404s do seem to have very good traction, Iwas looking for something that might last a little longer. I've decided to give the spitrire a try. I found a rear tire on bikebanit for $78.00 Not a bad price!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

I use Metzler ME880's on my '82 1100i. I got almost 18,000 miles out of the rear (2,000 from the PO and 16,000 from me). I have not tried any of the others, because these have felt very good in rain and dry conditions.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:I have theAvon Venom X on my '83 Interstate and have put close to 13,000 miles on them and expect many more miles before I will need to replace them. The Avons are a great tire for the '82-'83 GoldWings. Avon does not make a Venom X for the '80-'81 GL1100 but they make a Roadrider Series tire for them. If you're looking for a great handling and high mileage tire I would recommend the Avon Venom X if you have a '82 or '83 GL1100.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
:waving:I have theAvon Venom X on my '83 Interstate and have put close to 13,000 miles on them and expect many more miles before I will need to replace them. The Avons are a great tire for the '82-'83 GoldWings. Avon does not make a Venom X for the '80-'81 GL1100 but they make a Roadrider Series tire for them. If you're looking for a great handling and high mileage tire I would recommend the Avon Venom X if you have a '82 or '83 GL1100.

Ditto on the Venom Xs. I'm on my second set as I got 15k on the first. The front tire was still good to go but the back was getting a bit thin. I run 42lb in the front and 44lb in the back and love the way the bike handles. Granted, the higher pressure makes the ride a bit more firm but the trade-off is well worth it IMHO.

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/is where I got them for a great price of about $200 for the pair. After I post this I'm going to check and make sure that is the right shop. Yep, that's the one, however the prices have gone up a bit. One thing that I like about that shop is the really quick shipping. I ordered on a Monday and had them by Friday, regular shipping.

Regards,

Hobie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.