Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?I am about to buy a set of tires for my 1500. Have been running Dunlop Elite3 for the past 2 sets. Can anyone recommend a tire that is not as costly,yet still safe? I get around 9,ooo miles out of the tires. Not much considering I am not an aggressive rider.

Thanks,

Wingrider59

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I don't think you will get many more miles from other tires, 9000 miles is good. If you are getting good grip and safety from the E3's, why not stay with them?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Wingrider59 wrote:
:?I am about to buy a set of tires for my 1500. Have been running Dunlop Elite3 for the past 2 sets. Can anyone recommend a tire that is not as costly,yet still safe? I get around 9,ooo miles out of the tires. Not much considering I am not an aggressive rider.
That's pretty low mileage for Elite 3's! Most of them are good for 15k+ on a 1500.

The Avon's mentioned above are more expensive, so not an option if you are trying to save $$. Metzeler's are also more expensive and my understanding is that they wear faster. The Bridgestone Exedra G701 & G702 were designed for the 1500 and are less expensive. I've not run them yet so can't say how they perform, but that will likely be my next set of tires. The otherlower cost tires I know of in the right size for the 1500 are the Duro, Kendra Kruz and the Shinko's. No idea on their quality.:waving:

John

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I have a shinko on the rear of my 1200 and so far (1000 miles), I like it as far as ride and noise go. I don't see any wear at 1000 miles but it's still too early to tell.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

WhenI traded in my 1500 for the 1800,I had over 16,000 miles on the E3s that were on it, and they still looked good. Always ran 41/41 in the tires. Also, always make sure your running the Bias ply tires on the 1500, they last longer than the Radial E3s on the 1800, which are good for only about 11-12,000 miles.:smiler:

Gene:action:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.