Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am currently running my second set of dunlop elite3. Need tires. Anyone out there run anything different on a 1500 goldwing with good results? The elites are just so expensive. I only have 9,000 on them and the front is fairly close to the wear bars being level with tire.

Wingrider59:?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
imported post

See Darkside

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
imported post

Wingrider59 wrote:
I am currently running my second set of dunlop elite3. Need tires. Anyone out there run anything different on a 1500 goldwing with good results? The elites are just so expensive. I only have 9,000 on them and the front is fairly close to the wear bars being level with tire.

Wingrider59:?
Well I ran into the same problem after I bought my 1500. I was due a replacement on the front and come to find out it was an E-3 Radial:shock:!!!!!. so I priced out the same tire and just about fainted!!!. I settled for the OEM tires that came with the bike. K-177, was what I bought. I think I paied around 250 or 270 for the set, shipped. They won't last like the E-3's, but at least when it gets to the the ware bar it won't start " Singing"!!!. :cheesygrin:. I have the K-177 on the front and the old E-3 on the back. I have put around 3000 miles on the rear and it's just about due to swap out. I'm now looking at going to the "DARKSIDE" with a car tire. But do your homework first :readit:and weigh the Pro's and the Con's before you venture into thiscar tire set up!!. there are a lot of variable's to consider. The post on here will give you a lot of information about it!!. good luck!!!!!!.....................Allan AKA flyboyziel56

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

My tires have 11,000 miles on them. The CT I am running is in my signature. The front tire is a Dunlop 404 and is due in the next 1,000 miles for replacement. I am considering just doing another Dunlop 404.

The rear tire has another 15,000 miles left on her. This is where I am saving the cost of a tire change. The tire was $87 shipped to my door.

I will try a Dunlop Run on Flat car tire when my rear tire wears out.

There are plus and minus on running a car tire. Read the threads associated with the dark side and make your own decision.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I changed last June to Bridgestone G701 1nd G702 on my 1500. I have over 8,000 miles on the tires and couldn't be happier. they are quiet, great in the rain and it corners like I'm on a rail. And they still look great. Not at all noisy like my numerous Dunlop Elites were.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Ditto on the Bridgestones. I have 7000 on the same set and love them. No noise, great on wet pavement and they don't follow the tar snakes like the E3's seem to do. Don't show any wear at all. Especially No Cupping like th Dlop.

I'll never run E3's again. Look around and you can fine sale prices on the Stones.

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
I changed last June to Bridgestone G701 1nd G702 on my 1500. I have over 8,000 miles on the tires and couldn't be happier. they are quiet, great in the rain and it corners like I'm on a rail. And they still look great. Not at all noisy like my numerous Dunlop Elites were.
That's really good to hear just replaced my back with a 702 no miles yet. Hope it turns out better than E3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.