Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am sure this has been covered befroe but here it comes again:

I am going to be looking at tires soon for the 1500 and since I have not had it long do not intend to go the the drak side yet, so what is the best tire for the 1500 wing, what has been the best for you. We ride in the Texas Hill Country with lots of twisties and do several long hauls each year.

Looking forard to hearing from you! :bow:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

If you do a forum search the vast majority here including me seem to lean to the now discontinued Michelin Pilot GT's or the Dunlop E3's for the 1500. Myself I have dunlop on the front with a Michelin on the rear. The front e3 has well over 20k on it and the rear michelin is not far away from that too. Both need replacing. Will replace most likely with E3's. Have certainly considered the darkside for the back tire but decided not to at this time.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

If you're wanting to stay on the lighter side the Dunlop Elite 3 seems to be a pretty popular option amoung quite few forum members...

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

I had to rreplace my rear tire while on a trip and paid $189.00 dollars for a Dunlop E-3. when I got got home I went dark side with a Dunlop Wintersport. I now have an E-3 with 1600 miles that I'll sell for $75.00 and I'll travel up to 200 miles from home to deliver, weather permiting for bike travel.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well the good news is that right now don't need tires. But will pass on about the Dunlop to the hubby.
Thanks

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I think the best all round performing tires available at this time for the 1500, are the Dunlop Elite 3, or as they're commonly referred to ... the E3s

Acceptable 'stick' and very good tire life .... if you accept the inevitable rear tire 'Hum' which shows up after a couple of K

About the cheapest place all in,to buy the E3s to fit the 1500, with fast/free delivery,is from Here

Oh ... don't forget. When you buy new tires ... get/install new air valves as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.