Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2009 S.E. 1800, I have a spare rime to fit but it has no TPMS sensor, so can I buy one and use it on my bike or does it need to be assigned to my particular bike??

Please let me know, I have a leaker and need it swapped out soon.

Thanks

kevin

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
imported post

The TPMS sensor has to be programmed to the particular vehicle it is on. Otherwise if someone with a low tire came in range of the receiver your tire pressure light would come on.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Another bad deal from Mother. Them trying to lock us into dealer (their system). And, a few aftermarket TPMS's are so much more feature rich, and capable of being programmed on the spot.

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Another bad deal from Mother. Them trying to lock us into dealer (their system). And, a few aftermarket TPMS's are so much more feature rich, and capable of being programmed on the spot.
Yep, and to think I actually suggested putting it on the bikes.:(

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I've seen a quite few posts on other sites that Kawi and 1800 riders aren't too tickled with that LDS system, Dave.
It's too featureless, and comes on a lot when riding in the cold. But, to mount one into a pre-TPMS wheel, I suppose that part is do-able, after a little metal tickling. :action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.