Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As most of you know, my daughter LeAnne rode out to NASSIR 4 with me and then flew home to TN and my wife Nancy flew out and made the trip home with me covering pretty much the same route with a few mminor variations. We covered almost 8000 miles over a 24 day period and took just over 4000 pictures. Here's a few of those pics as a first installment. If there is enough positive response I will continue to post some pics as I get them downsized. AWESOME trip!!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

4000, eh? Keep 'em coming. And where are the pics of that sweet daughter of yours? Too bad LeAnne never got to see her ocelots at the Seattle Zoo. Maybe next time. Any talk of adding a sidecar to that rig so you don't have a fight on your hands each trip? Great meeting your family in Washington. Looking forward to future events.

:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

What beautiful scenery! I can only dream to ever be able to travel to such a place. Let me dream through your pictures Please! More Pics?

If you are running windows you can down load windows resizer if you don't already have it. It will take all you pictures in one file and resize them for you with just a click of the mouse. You can replace your pictures with the resized pic or it will create another picture in your file and rename it the same followed by(small) or what ever size you make them. Very fast way of resizing photos.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Those are great pictures John, and that was some journey you took on.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I was wondering when we were going to start getting to see photo's of your trip.

Just keep on posting John. Great pictures.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
imported post

Awesome photos!!! Please keep them coming!! They look very inviting when we here in the south are enduring terribly HOT weather!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yes sir. enjoying them.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dandy, dandy, dandy....... keep em' comin'!

Uhhh, errr, that's way too close to a bull buffalo! You know them suckers can leap over a pickup truck from a stand-still start, right? Ever see the fence posts in a buffalo corral? About 24" in diameter! Get one of those guys peeved at you and you won't be a "Halfling" anymore; you'll be a "Flatthing!"

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Nice Buff...

One of the prettiest rides in the country, Hiway 12 to Lolo Pass.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

Great Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Uhhh, errr, that's way too close to a bull buffalo! You know them suckers can leap over a pickup truck from a stand-still start, right? Ever see the fence posts in a buffalo corral? About 24" in diameter! Get one of those guys peeved at you and you won't be a "Halfling" anymore; you'll be a "Flatthing!"
Interesting story about the buffalo. (During return trip to TN)The first pic below was what my wife and I saw ahead of us as we rode on our way out the east entrance to Yellowstone towards Cody. Traffic stopped in both directions and you can pretty much see that I had come to a stop as well. Two buffaloes were strolling down the left hand lane in front of a big RV. I had a line of traffic behind me and nowhere to go. The first buffalo passed us on the left (2nd picture) and by that time the 2nd one had moved over to my lane and was approaching (slowly) on a head on course. We were a bit apprehensive to say the least! I actually had to move the bike and trailer over to the center line to let #2 pass us on the right. I swear he looked at my sheepskin, nodded in agreement that it wasn't a buffalo hide, winked at us and then passed by. In all honesty it was pretty scary!

The last pic was taken by LeAnne during our outbound trip as we rode by our first buffalo just outside Custer State Park. It too was a bit close for comfort!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Fantastic Pics. Keep em coming

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

What beautiful, majestic animals! But I can see why you'd be nervous getting that close. Those things are HUGE! Please, keep the trip pics coming. They're great!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

John,

Fanstastic pictures, let's me live with you on that trip. So do wish that I could have made the run on my bike this year.

Next year for sure!!!!

Get your resizing program here, and it will fix all of them in one fell swoop.

Just be sure to give it a new target directory, or you will loose your original full size pix.

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/download

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Here's the 2nd installment in no particular order...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

John, Your trip makes my 2,000 mile ride to Bellaire, Mich. and back look rather wimpy! I wish I could have made it with you ole friend!

Dubs

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.