Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1310 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

[align=center]The eight previous NEWmembers on this thread :2finger: who have not completed their profiles :2finger:please do so now and insert your LOCATIONS :action:[/align]
[align=left]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

A couple people from the forum have already been very helpful in my goldwing adventures. A guiding hand when I had to pull the motor to replace the stator, add an EC harness, vac sync carbs, front fork seal, etc. This kind of experience can be PRICELESS. Thanks for letting me join.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the welcome.Picked up my first wing in AZ last week.Riding back to TXhad the experience of breaking down in NM on Sunday middle of nowhere. It ran and rode great up until that point.

Am thankful to thosestopping toHELP! through thesand storm,rain and hail, and of course to the friend riding along on across country trip,making several treks for a battery andmore drinking water. Another friend, and Wing owner,making the13 hr round trip with the trailer to get it home.

Appears the alternator is bad so I'll be looking for any insight I might needfor its replacement or other possibilities. Things are packed pretty tight (which ya'll know)

When it's back on the road,and happen tofind someone down on the side, I'll be stopping to help.Thanks Jim

:15magenta:95 Aspencade

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I'm from Quebec. I'm the owner of a GL1100 Interstate 1981 but I'll buy a GL1500 SE 2000 next spring.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Hi All,
My wife & I are new riders in Charlotte, NC. We ride a '83 Aspencade.
We just love cruisin' down the country roads.
Interested in any South East runs.

Thanks, Richard

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

[align=center]
Hey katslion :waving: [/align]
[align=center]Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center]Please update your profile and insert your LOCATION. :action:[/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hello All! I'm Beverly, and I'm brand spankin new here. I'm new to Goldwings too. I just bought an 84 Aspencade 1200 that need a lot of work. Now, I hate to break a nail but looks like I'm going to become a regular grease monkey before it's all over with.

I will, of course, be needing as much help and advise as anyone here can offer, so, please look for my posts, and if anyone lives near me (San Francisco Bay Area) please let me know...I'm willing to cook for and keep a cold one in the hands of anyone who wants to help make my new (New to me) Goldwing run like a champ!

Hugs all!

Beverly

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, Beverly. The 1200's are great machines and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help to get it up and going, in no time. Looks like almost 300 members in CA., so I'm sure someone would be more than happy to help. Ride safe!

A meal and a cold one, huh? Yup, I'm positive. :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi Mike! Thanks for replying. 300 in California huh? Guess I better start a line of credit with a Liquor store!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

hey guys my name is shultz i do ride with a group of good guys i own a 1200 goldwing aspencade with a sidecar i have a few questions about a wobble i was told to get a dampner is this what i need to do need some answers i have a low speed wobble in the steering the sidecar is tracking true as we can get it thanks in advance for your advice

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

Beverly wrote:
Hello All! I'm Beverly, and I'm brand spankin new here. I'm new to Goldwings too.

Hugs all!
[align=center]
Howdy Beverly :waving:[/align]
[align=center]You are Very Welcome To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center]Plenty of 1200 :12red:Gurus on the Forum :clapper:They will be forming a queue to help you with all your tech problems :weightlifter:[/align]

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

schutz wrote:
hey guys my name is shultz
[align=center]Howdy schutz :waving: [/align]
[align=center][shadow=lime]You are Very Welcome To The Worlds Grestest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hello, I just bought my first Goldwing a 1981 gl1100 interstate. I just want to say hi and I look forward the experience.

Sammybrad

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

schutz wrote:
hey guys my name is shultz i do ride with a group of good guys i own a 1200 goldwing aspencade with a sidecar i have a few questions about a wobble i was told to get a dampner is this what i need to do need some answers i have a low speed wobble in the steering the sidecar is tracking true as we can get it thanks in advance for your advice
Hiya shultz, I ride an 84 GL1200 standard with terraplane sidecar attached. I get a low speed wobble at 20-25 mph. I've been told there's not much you can do about it. All sidecar rigs have a bit of wobble at a certain speed. And I'm usually going through that wobble range fast enough I don't notice it. If I have to travel any distance at that speed i lean forward as much as possible. The forward weight helps a lot.

I have a small shock absorber attached from the fork to the sidecar. Not sure if that's considered a steering damper or not. PM me if your interested and I could send you some pics. I also have a sidecar forks on the front of the bike. Shorter by about 6 inches than the regular forks. Helps in steering at low speed but doesn't do much for the wobble.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

thanks for letting me join I rode Harleys for years about 40 years ago and I now have a Goldwing and I am starting over I love to ride I live in Florida and tho it may seem a perfrct place to ride it has it's pitfalls bugs, rain, and idiots in cars

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Just joined and saying "HI" to everyone.

I have an '88 GL1500 at this time.

I have owned five or six Honda's over the years to include a GL1100. The Honda line has always provided the satisfaction and thrills I needed on the road! My 1500 is just fantastic!! One day, hopefully, a GL1800 will be in my future.document.write('/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif');

I hope to be a contributing member of this group.
Thanks for allowing me to join!!!

Boogie

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the welcome. My ride is a 1984 Interstate. It's been difficult finding a mechanic / shop that will work on a bike this old. I guess they'd rather you buy a new one. I guess I'll need to break out the tools and DIY to keep her running so expect to see me posting on the tech forum for SOME HELP !!!!! :stumped:

See ya in the wind.

21 - 40 of 1310 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.