Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 1310 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Just joined. I have a 1982 Aspencade with a terraplane sidecar. I have just finished removing 20 years of bling. So, if anyone needs any chrome, I probably have it.

I prefer naked wings. I will post a pic of my last naked wing one of these days. I sold it, along with my fuel injected and supercharged valk before going to China to work. I am back and my current bike is my 82 aspencade.

Before anybody reminds me that Valks have carbs, I put the first functional EFI Valk on the road. A few followed.

I have already used this forum for some good info on brakes. Mine are currently all over the garage floor. Hope to be back on the road in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Welcome Dick. You may want to post this same info in the "For Sale/Wanted" forum. Not too many people who are looking, will look here.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Hello from the very bottom of California by the Mexican Border. The town of El Centro is our County Seat, Yuma Arizona is about 50 miles from us and San Diego is about 125 miles away. Currently our temperature is 106 but gets up to 120 in the summer. I started riding again about 2 years ago after basically not riding unless just for a few hours if on a friends bike after being off them for the past 20 years. I am getting ready to retire after 35 years and just want to feel the wind in my face. Oh, why did I stop riding long story short a drunk driver killed my wife's 17 year old brother on my bike that I had been riding for 3 years. It took a long time to get over it and when I told my wife I was riding again as I had an urge too bad to just keep denying it. To my surprise she was fine with it and has been riding with me as the back seat rider. We have taken trips into Arizona, along the ocean in California just up to Oceanside, and into Mexico down to Tecate, Ensenada, La Salina, Rosarito, and of course Tijuana. Yes, I carry insurance for Mexico and the U.S.A. Looking to do some tour rides soon, as I have one coming up in November 6th to Puerto Penasco called "The Rock" in Mexico with a whole lot of riders from all over. The biking groups just take the town over and always a good time for all no bad problems so far. Been linking up with a small bike group in Calexico about 19 miles from me right on the Mexican border by the town of Mexicali, Mexico just across the border. I just got this 1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate from a military man that needed to sell it, I had been riding a 650 V-Star Classic Yamaha to get all of my motorcycle skills back. I had also been riding ATVs during the non-motorcycle years. Now, looking forward to biking and "No Hurry, No Worry, Just Fun" with my wife who will also be retiring in about 1 year more. Both have been in fast moving professional jobs that carries too much stress and too much work time!!! Glad to find this board:waving:.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Hi from Kelowna, BC. A week ago I took delivery of a 2006 ABS 1800. With Traxxion suspension, extra driving lights and a couple of other performance mods such as a radar dector mount it is set up just as I would have ordered. Since I returned to riding in 1979 this is my first 2nd hand bike. The CB750F, '84 Interceptor, and '98 VTR have all had a sport bike focus. My wife used to ride her own MC and we have discussed for several years - bike for her or Goldwing for us. Obviously the Goldwing won out. I am going to keep the VTR for now. In my riding gear and tinted visor I can be any age. Been through a couple of road checks and it is funny to see the shift when the police recognize that I am old enough to be his grandparent. Yes the cops are getting younger here.

My wife and I own a travel agency and each year we manage a couple of groups. Last year was Egypt, New York, Caribbean Cruise and Alaska Cruise. Naturally we love this. Even when we travel such as Cancun last October we are always checking out the features for our clients. We live lots of great motorcycle roads around us - secondary highways with lots of curves, not too many motorhomes and police. (Speed is enforced by constable Bambi.)

Anyway day and overnight trips on the GL will be our time and have little to do with work.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Hello from Bethel Acres Oklahoma, land of the red dirt road. I am John, and my wife is Sandy. I love motorcycles, and have had a few.
I bought my first Wing new in 76, then I had an 84 Interstate for a couple of years. I had heart surgery and as soon as I was able to ride I bought a 98 Aspencade because I always wanted one and didn't want to wait anymore. It was a beautiful bike, but it just wasn't what I really wanted, so I just recently sold it. I may get another 1200 sometime, but now I have 2 1976 GL 1000s, and I just brought home a 78. I would like to make the 78 my daily driver, and one of the 76s has a fairing, bags, and trunk. I want to get the dresser looking good and use it to pull our little camper trailer to the nearby lakes for some nice simple camping. We have a travel trailer, but the bike camping is just so nice, I can't give it up.
I hope to retire in a few years, it is sounding better and better.

It is NICE to be in this group, and I expect to be asking for a lot of help, and hopefully offering a little help as well. I just came in here to look for timing belt info, and it was all right there. Easy helpful advice that I am greatful for. When I get a pic, I will add it. I would also like to say I am thinking about finding a sidecar to fit a 1000, I'd like to take my dog with me sometimes.

Thanks for allowing me to join, I look forward to all the great GoldWing help and stories.

John

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Looking forward to this...
I am in Perth, Western Australia.
Once one of the most isolated capital cities on Earth.
(The net changes our world in so many ways).
I have a 1979 GL 1000 in Burgandy.
Only got it recently in Adelaide, Jumped on and rode home took 37 hours 30 min in the saddle with 10 hour break to sleep at Mundrabilla Roadhouse.
Total kilometers 2689,(1680 miles) not fast but fun.
OK we are still isolated, just means lots of long roads start here and lead everywhere.
Stay safe all.

·
life is good
1,173 Posts
imported post

thanks for the welcome . been riding's since i was 5 . we have had the 78 gl 1000 my wife got me for my birthday in 82 i think. we have a 85 1200 aspy.i amkinda rebuilding it right now trailer and all. when i get done i amgoing to repaintthe bike trailer and helmets .

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Great site just had to join THANKS from myself and the lady that is my Wife aged well over 21 (I'm 57 and only a couple of years older than her) and just passed her bike test first time and has not stopped smiling yet. :cool:

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Go to the top of the page and click on "my account" that should get you where you need to be.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

:cool:This is so cool! I ride cruisers, My Father has had a Wing as long as I can remember. My fathers health will not let him ride any more. The Wing is to heavy. I tried to get him to let me trike it so he can stay on the road. Dad told me he "will not" have training wheeles on his Motorcycle! He has been riding for more then 55yrs. Last night he handed the keys to me and will ride my dual sport Yamaha. Dad can handle the wieght better. So I now am a Wing rider. I am very pleased to find this forum, I will be here often. Thank you for including me!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Very cool, Jollygreengiant. Welcome to the site. A 1200 is a great way to start.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

I'd better put in here for my 'Official Welcome' Thanks!

Daveo

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
imported post

And so it shall be.... "WELCOME TO THE WORLDS GREATEST GOLD WING FORUM" from one Texan to another.....

Claude.....

61 - 80 of 1310 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.