Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To All New Members

192K views 1K replies 535 participants last post by  ScottFc3s 
#1 ·
imported post

First of all I would like to say a heartly "Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Gold Wing Forum" .......From Houston, Texas....

This is your site to use as a member, to get information on how to repair your wing, where to find those hard to get items, orparts. Or justa place to meet and to make loads of new friends.....

So to better help you do so, we ask that you please fill out in your profile, along with your "handle", your City, State, and/or Country....This is to where if you do have a question, someone living close to you might be able to give you a helping hand, or just to where you can find someone close to you to you just to ride with....

To fill out your profile, at the top of the page is "My Account" click there..This will open up a new page and on this page there is a place that says "Profile" ......This is also where you go to fill out your city, state and or country, or do an edit of you profile...You may add in the model of your wing and mileage...There is also a signature line, there you can add a famous saying, or your own saying, as long as it is not inappropriate ...Next you may want to click on the Avatar button and add a picture of your Wing or just choose a Avatar from those offered......It is easy ...But if you have a problem do PM me.....

I have noticed in the past few months, as we are getting more and more, that some on their first post here are asking "Technical Questions", That's not a big problem, however please introduce your self here, then ask any technical questions in the proper Forum....That way you will get more members reading you post and getting answers to your questions sooner....

One more small item...If you have a Goldwing, parts or accessories, those items need to be posted in the "For Sale/ Wanted Forum....Plus the Forum rules state you must have at least 15 posts before you can advertise any thing for sale ...If you do not have the required number of posts that item will be removed....Last item, if you are a dealer, we do not allow commercial advertisements....If in doubt about these items please feel free to contact the Admin or one of the moderators....

Thanks Ride safe, and enjoy the Forum......

Claude....aka redbaron....

See less See more
#3 ·
imported post

Hello, After 20+ years of raising kids I just got my last one out of high school. I've been off of bikes about that same amount of time, having no time to enjoy them. So last month I had a mid life crisis and bought a new 2007 VTX 1300C, black and chrome. I forgot to mention to my wife I was going to look at them and one followed me home. After driving it around for about a month I found myself wanting more, so today I got a 2006 GL1800. I've wanted a Goldwing since collage (30 years). I did discussed this purchase with my wife beforehand to avoid what happened last time. She is warming up to the ideal of traveling cross country on it (she wanted me to buy a Harley). So here we go, glad to find a forum like this, it's going to be a great help. Thanks
Oklahoma USA
2006 Goldwing GL1800 (White)
2007 VTX 1300C (Black)

#10 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum, I'm also in Hot Springs. Lets get together for coffee or something. Pm me.

#13 ·
imported post

Hello Fellow bikers I have been reading your post for a good while I have had way to many bikes (my wife says) but then we were out riding with friends a couple of months ago and they had a goldwing so we traded for a short distance and the rest was history now the wife said get rid of one of my bikes and she wants a wing so riding for 35 years and then nowshe wants to ride and I get a new motorcycle I was good with that !3000 miles later I have to say it was a good decision the thing rides great and we are having a blast. Seems like a good group in the forum glad to be a part thanks and ride safe!:clapper:

#17 ·
imported post

I've thoroughly enjoyed browsing this forum to the point that I just had to join. So, thanks for letting me join and a BIG Howdy from Arkansas!

dw

#19 ·
imported post

Hi ......just discovered this website and joined ....I'm in Canada ...East coast ...province of Nova Scotia . I have an 84 Aspencade ..approx 35000 miles . I recently lost the battery side cover ..ugh ! ..They seem to be scarce and priced accordingly !! . ...Liking a challenge ( sometimes ) , I have made a facsimile but now have the problem of finding the paint colors for an 84 ASP ...the sandy beige metallic ....Can anyone help with this situation ???..............Cheers , Blackford .

#21 ·
imported post

[align=center]The eight previous NEWmembers on this thread :2finger: who have not completed their profiles :2finger:please do so now and insert your LOCATIONS :action:[/align]
[align=left]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

#22 ·
imported post

A couple people from the forum have already been very helpful in my goldwing adventures. A guiding hand when I had to pull the motor to replace the stator, add an EC harness, vac sync carbs, front fork seal, etc. This kind of experience can be PRICELESS. Thanks for letting me join.

#23 ·
imported post

Thanks for the welcome.Picked up my first wing in AZ last week.Riding back to TXhad the experience of breaking down in NM on Sunday middle of nowhere. It ran and rode great up until that point.

Am thankful to thosestopping toHELP! through thesand storm,rain and hail, and of course to the friend riding along on across country trip,making several treks for a battery andmore drinking water. Another friend, and Wing owner,making the13 hr round trip with the trailer to get it home.

Appears the alternator is bad so I'll be looking for any insight I might needfor its replacement or other possibilities. Things are packed pretty tight (which ya'll know)

When it's back on the road,and happen tofind someone down on the side, I'll be stopping to help.Thanks Jim

:15magenta:95 Aspencade

#26 ·
imported post

[align=center]
Hey katslion :waving: [/align]
[align=center]Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center]Please update your profile and insert your LOCATION. :action:[/align]
[align=left]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.