Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To be nekked or not to be nekked?? THAT IS the question.

604 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  smokeyjoe 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon wingers.
I have an 82 interstate that looks beautiful with all the fairings and the hondaline bags, but I have been looking at pics of naked Gl's and I think they look pretty sweet. I know there are a couple of advantages of going naked, better fuel economy, easier to handle at really low speeds. Are there anymore advantages to this?? I think I might just take front fairing off and have it half naked. Any tips or comments are highly appreciated especially from wingers that have gone naked or own a dressed and a naked.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I put a plexifairing windshield on my '82 GL along with hard bags and a trunk and loved it. The plexifairing windshield was the best windshield I have seen or used for keeping the wind off. The bike handled wonderfully set up like that. It was completely naked before.
Dubs

#4 ·
Nekked

i have a couple of GL 1000's which i have taken the large Vetter fairings off,like the look ,like the handling etc. Hate the wind,at 60 + years i want a wind screen,something more compact than the big Vetters
Terry

#5 ·
My naked bike is a Triumph Speed Triple.

That's very naked in comparison to a 'Wing. But it has purpose.

I had a GL-1100 standard for a while, and that bike was a hoot and a half!! Losing the fairing and weight from the accessories really transforms the handling of the bike.

#6 ·
I like the way it looks now!!!

#8 ·
Just buy yourself one of each and you won't have to ponder that question. Well that's how I solved that delima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.