Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if these would fit an 81 GL 1100. they are on ebay and say they are aftermarket for 75-77 gl 1000. but I'm not sure of the frame differences between then and 1981.:?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thx Bagmaster, I'm gonna call the guy and chat with him

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Tom please forgive me for butting in to your post but your question reminded me of a question I had about engine guards. The 1200 guard flare out at the rear. Is there such thing as a set that do not? Thanks.:?:?:?:?:action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Tom please forgive me for butting in to your post but your question reminded me of a question I had about engine guards. The 1200 guard flare out at the rear. Is there such thing as a set that do not? Thanks.:?:?:?:?:action::action::action::action:
fysty, I'm not sure about the 1200, I'm sure someone more experienced here will have the answer. The reason I'm going with these type of engine guards, is ...

1. I want to install highway pegs and mine come back too far and get in the way of my calf.

2. I installed a vetter fairing and the original guards I have will not work and I don't want to ride around without engine protection, and these are a perfect fit for both problems.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
fysty, I'm not sure about the 1200, I'm sure someone more experienced here will have the answer. The reason I'm going with these type of engine guards, is ...

1. I want to install highway pegs and mine come back too far and get in the way of my calf.

2. I installed a vetter fairing and the original guards I have will not work and I don't want to ride around without engine protection, and these are a perfect fit for both problem
Yeh Tom that is exactly the same for me.:?:?:?:(:(

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
fysty, find some one that has an 80 1100 and measure the guards, then compare them to yours. The 80 came with guards without the curved out end on them. I'm trying to find a cheap set for my 82.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I tried mounting a pair of engine guards that came off a 75 on my 81 for the same reason and they would not bolt right on.

They were close, within an inch an a half and I considered heating and bending them. In the end I put the original made for 81 engine guards back on and moved the highway pegs further forward. I am still not satisfied with their location and one of these days when I get ambitious I will fabricate a mount to placethe foot pegsjust where I want.

Peter

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
fysty, find some one that has an 80 1100 and measure the guards, then compare them to yours. The 80 came with guards without the curved out end on them. I'm trying to find a cheap set for my 82.
The ones I have on my 81 don't curve out. I would be willing to sell them for a reasonable offer to anyone of you guys. They're not perfect, but in pretty good shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.