Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

mjohnson wrote:
I recently purchased a 1989 1500. It had less than 2000 miles per year on her. The "gang" all has spent small fortunes to chrome every thing they can to individualize their bikes. Trouble is they all look alike now :baffled:. I like the look of my stock very unchromed bike. I was even thinking about painting to match the thingy right under the windshield. What are your thoughts?

Mike

PS - I pretty much am tapped out just buying the wing!
Hell, go ahead and paint the bezel, if you don't like it later on it isn't hard to strip the paint off. Post us a picture if you do it, sounds interesting.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't forget the back of the license plate, a lot of lazy slobs forget to take the plate off and polish the back... disgusting!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing wrote:
I hate polishing :?

Chrome is awful stuff - why don't companies make decent stainless gear instead of nasty chrome tat??

My wheels? Good God - who ever though of polishing aluminium wheels in the winter on salted roads?? Mine are going to the powder coaters as soon as I get a spare front wheel...
I'm with you Nitrowing, Stainless Steel is the most noble metal of them all! Love the stuff. If I was wealthy I'd have a house made of SS. I'd have a car made of it, not like DeLorean but the whole frame and body. There was a lot of interest in it in the 1930s, Ford made five car bodies out of stainless but decided it was too costly to work. An aircraft company here made astainless steeltwin engine amphibian back then too, the FAA had one in Alaska.

The polishing the wheels that Brojees mentioned is the INSIDE of the rim. You wouldn't want a shop to see unpolished aluminum when they change a tire for you!

:bananas::banana::bananas::banana::bananas::banana:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.